Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigger

Prayers need for my Dad

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

My father who has been in the nursing home for the past year. Recently came down with a number of health complications. My sister called me this morning at 1 AM and told me to meet her at the home. He is not doing very well and the end looks very close. So we are just waiting now.

About my father. He moved in with his grandfather with his youngest brother when he was 14. He left school so he could work to help raise money to help the family. When WW 11 Started he was involved in the landing on Omaha beach. He was wounded several times during the war only to go back fighting. When he returned he worked 7 days a week. Eventually marrying my mother. But still he worked every day until he retired when he was 72. But he still worked around and on the house. Until blindnes took over. He was placed into the nurseing home because a child hood case of polio returned and crippled him. He once told me a very true statement. He told me we are all born the same. So it does not matter if you are the riches person in the world or the poorest. No matter what happens in your life. You will never get out of life a live.

Sometimes, death is a blessed relief. No more pain, no more suffering. That's how I looked at my own father's death. He was in a better place. Helped me get through a tough time.

Thanks to your dad for his service to our country. Celebrate his life.