For Animal...........

Rate this topic

Steve in Mass

Cutting boards are inexpensive,

Everything is relative...........

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

So lift the ban in The Foodeh, and let me have my fun, Funster.

For the sake of maintaining open and honest communication - some days ago Steve suggested that I allow you back into the Foodeh, said he enjoys your posts usually but just wishes you'd stand down a little when he asks. I basically ignored him while thinking "**** that, Homer is a dick...sure, he's awesome and all that, but he's a dick and can't be trusted in a *ly forum :squid: "

I think that proves that Steve is more fun and tolerant than I am :b:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

It don't work that way, Homer........the Tavern is for Stoopid, other forums here are not.

^^^^he's got a point :wave: Tavern stuff is off topic in the Foodeh...while nothing is off topic in the Tavern :)

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I enjoy food just fine, Tom......

My concern is that some others are so closed minded and set in their paradigm that THEY are the ones that can't enjoy things that might not exactly fit within their "rules", and dismiss it without even giving it a go........

My grandfather was a quite wise man. When I was just a kid, my grandmother would put something on my plate and I was told to eat it, even if I looked at it and thought I wouldn't like it.

My grandfather took another tack, and told me I only had to take one bite, and if I didn't like it, I didn't have to finish it. While there were somethings I wouldn't finish, more times than not my mind was opened to new things, and my plate would be cleaned off.

:)

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

For the sake of maintaining open and honest communication - some days ago Steve suggested that I allow you back into the Foodeh, said he enjoys your posts usually but just wishes you'd stand down a little when he asks. I basically ignored him while thinking "**** that, Homer is a dick...sure, he's awesome and all that, but he's a dick and can't be trusted in a *ly forum cwm13.gif "

I think that proves that Steve is more fun and tolerant than I am icon25.gif

Well said. cwm27.gif

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.

My concern is that some others are so closed minded and set in their paradigm that THEY are the ones that can't enjoy things that might not exactly fit within their "rules", and dismiss it without even giving it a go........

Dear Steve,

You should read the above and consider it each time you decide to tell people they are cooking/enjoying something the "wrong" way :)

Your friend,

TimS

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

For the sake of maintaining open and honest communication - some days ago Steve suggested that I allow you back into the Foodeh, said he enjoys your posts usually but just wishes you'd stand down a little when he asks. I basically ignored him while thinking "**** that, Homer is a dick...sure, he's awesome and all that, but he's a dick and can't be trusted in a *ly forum cwm13.gif "

I think that proves that Steve is more fun and tolerant than I am icon25.gif

I'm doing quite well in Git-mo, actually.

So there's that. freak.gif

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.

:)

Poor word choice on my part. My point was to the quality of what you purport to be "good" food. Just in this thread, for example. Sure you can eat salted fish without preparation, but why would a normal person do so? The only flavor you are getting is salt. To truly taste the fish, you need to remove the preserving agent.

I'm not getting into your paradigm argument, because your one big paradigm has been hashed to death, ad infinitum. I will maintain, while you continue to make your faux linguini and clam sauce I can understand why you would want to add cheese.

If you made it right, you wouldn't want to.