Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskeeManiac

Bass Fishing?

25 posts in this topic

dont know what to use i dont make money fast im only 12 but i mow lawns for about $20$ and i want to make sure i get something what will work i prefer floating and shallow divers, anything that will work good????

Try a rapala shallow diving shad rap or some 5 in green pumpkin black flake senkos made by Gary yamoto and Texas rig them.You could also try zoom trick worms.

Good luck man

View Postdont know how to texas rig them

The concept is to conceal the wook making a bait weedless.

Example: 240614-main_Full.jpg

This is a common setup with a bullet sinker on the head.

Get yourself a cheap combo to start... save up and visit Walmart or Dicks and find something you can afford. Any setup can catch bass. Pick up a pack of 3/0 to circle hooks and a pack of 5" Senko type worms.

Right them like this: The%20Mo2.jpg

The whole thing should cost you around $30 and you'll be catching fish in an outing or two. Or Gary Yamamoto is a failure..

Good luck!

View PostDig up some worms. Best bait ever! And they don't cost anything.

^^^+1 I'm 27 and thats the only way to do it, screw buying worms!

husky jerk are great. same with the X Raps.

doesn't get easier than this. i usually texpose it b/c of the vegetation around here.

" target="_blank">

i fish with muskee maniac and he is currently using my shakespeer anphibian w/ 20lb stren braid (this rod is also fished for porgie fromm the beach) and we tend to fish in lake george and on saratoga lake,alpine lake,fish creek, lock 5, and rocky neck ct.

MuskyM.....hey little dude it doesn't take a lot of money. joK3r has some good advice. Once you have a basic set up with a few basic lures you can do a lot. It's nice to have great equipment but when you first start out it's not necessary. Your brain works for free, just apply it. Good luck !!!!

$20 can buy about 5 decent plugs from dicks. Each is about $3.50 a piece. I was just in there yesterday bud. I almost picked up a few but had to leave. I fish lake george every once in awhile, i posted in your other thread too. Ill second your fishing partners advice of crayfish, i love using small plugs though. Digging for worms isnt bad either. Ill be honest, almost all of my tackle came from a tacklebox i bought. I think it came from walmart. Came full of tackler, hooks, lines, sinkers, everything. It was pretty cheap too, less than $40. Dicks has a Field&Stream line of fishing tackle, they have a small tray filled with tackle for $20. I didnt see what was in it though.

One of the llures i wanted to buy yesterday was called a scum frog. Im still kicking myself for not grabbing a couple. Theres the scum frog bigfoot and scum frog with a tail. Prolly wouldve cost me about $12 for the pair. This was at dicks, ill have to go back up tonight before i go fishing this weekend...

One thing ive had alot of luck on is minnows. They are more expensive than worms but ive had alot more luck wiht them.