Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingsurveyor

Marathon Weekend

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Well guys had a ball over the weekend. Skipped out of work on Friday and headed out to Tantas with dad at the mouth of Saco at 5:15am first fish oin the boat at 6: 20 loaded up with Cod (only kept 3) and haddock (kept 10) very nice fish all between 8-12lbs cod much bigger 10-15lbs. I am sorry to report the dogs are back we fished al day back at marblehead around 6pm.

Satyrday on the water at 4:00pm fished till 1:30am not even a strike but a very nice night full moon, little brezze flaty calm.

Sunday on the water at 9:30am fished till 6:30pm much better results landed 2 30"+ SB all the macs I needed and a few pollock. Saw some dolphins and a minke. Over to Stratton watched a few seals round up dinner. It was amazing on how they communicated and worked as a pack to keep the fish where they wanted. Got back home around 7:30 or so and I gues I gave my wife to little attention this weekend my honey do list is a full page but what the He$$ I hqad a ball.

That is, as my Dad says, sucking the marrow out of it. Sounds like you got all you could out of that weekend. The wife's reaction is understandable, I am fortunate that mine will fish, for a bit, until it is too dark, waves crashing over the jetty, etc... I guess she doesn't have the taste for "interesting" situations like I do, probably why I climb and whitewater kayak. Thanks for sharing your story, I love it when people go hard core at things, can't wait to have a boat so I can do the same. Sharing shore space can be frustrating and not the same as bobbing about, especially on a "white night" as the say in my wife's home country. Thanks for sharing.