Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_tin_squid

Brown Sharks / Duskies

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

As commercial and recreational retention of dusky sharks is illegal, I wouldn't know how they taste.

I have some NMFS Tags from when I helped run a charter boat a few years back.

Still have yet to go night sharkin', although I have a bunch of leaders rigged and ready to go. Might give it a go next weekend when I'm down at the cape.

I'd kill to catch a big shark on the beach. Can my 1209 handle that? I know you have to release them, but it would be a fun fight.

They are here!!! Friend of mine had a to-close-for-comfort encounter with one the other night. Crazy thing is it was at about 6PM. He had gotten into some small blue fish, then BANG..water exploded. He thought it was a big bass at first, then saw the dorsel coming right at him, chasing his plugkooky.gifkooky.gif When I asked him what he did, he said he walked on water when he turned and ran to the beachcwm31.gifcwm27.gif

View PostI'd kill to catch a big shark on the beach. Can my 1209 handle that? I know you have to release them, but it would be a fun fight.

Mokes,

1209 would have no trouble...actually it's overkill (assuming it's an SU).

View PostI'd kill to catch a big shark on the beach. Can my 1209 handle that? I know you have to release them, but it would be a fun fight.

View PostMokes,

I remember reading somewhere on this board that the original Allstar 1209s were designed for beach sharking on the gulf coasticon25.gif

I could easily be mistaken on that, thoughredface.gif

View PostCan you catch these things on the beaches around Boston?

More so at various beaches on the south side of the cape. You do hear of an occasional sandtiger or other 'non dogfish' shark being caught from the beach north of the cape, but not on any regular basis (although I heard Duxbury Bay used to - or still does??? - a run of sandtigers. Maybe someone can confirm this).

As far as whether the browns have shown up yet, I think you may have an outside shot now, but a better chance going into July. But then again, I'm still a novice at this particular fisheryredface.gif

View PostMokes,

Yeah. It's my Rainshadow su1209 and the VSB250. I'd love to see exactly what this setup can handle.

View Post(although I heard Duxbury Bay used to - or still does??? - a run of sandtigers. Maybe someone can confirm this).

Yup, big breeding population