Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESyakr

Whats your Bomber combo?

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

I use a RL Winston 7 1/2 spinning rod/ ABU 6000 C with 20 lb maxima mono attached to a 40 lb Ande leader 33-44" long with a 3/0 live bait hook and a large clear water bobber and a live shiner when drift fishing with the tide along the pilings. This is when fishing up north in the Bay Area. Caught stripers to 23 lbs with this method.beers.gif

I have a GSB1081L which I like. It features fuji high frame alconites. I have a Batson 1087 which is another nice bomber rod. And I also have a Rogue 843S which is 8'4" and light action with all single frame alconites which not only tosses 16a and Asalt,Bombers well but it's the best rod I own for throwing smaller 5" Mambos,Redfins and 15a Bombers. All of them balance out nice with a VS 150.

I use an 8' st.croix avid with a shimano sustain 4000, or a cabo 40 with 30lb braid. I also use me 7' st.croix with a 360 slammer from the boat. Funny thing is that I own a VS and four stellas but actually like the 360 better for bombers, prob becasue of the slower gear ratio.