America, get ready for a double whammy.

Rate this topic

Gotcow?

View PostIt is a tax on every single man and woman in the usa.

Go to a cigar store and buy a cigar. You will be taxed at a higher rate that prior to the signing of the bill and prior to Obama's "promise" on September 12, 09.

Better yet. Open a cigar store. When you do your taxes, pay the Federal gummit at the rate that stood prior to the SCHIP Bill. See what happens.

I will never smoke a cigar nor a cigarette. How exactly is this a tax on me. Sounds like it's more of a tax on people too stupid to take care of their health....

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

View PostI wonder how many people will still have such a cavalier attitude when they see what their tax burden will be next year.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

I wonder how many people think that Reagan/Bush/Bush really cut their taxes,

and didn't just defer them for a few decades.

we spent the money,

I wish the "conservatives" cared as much about spending as they did about NOT paying their bills.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Postcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

I wonder how many people think that Reagan/Bush/Bush really cut their taxes,

and didn't just defer them for a few decades.

we spent the money,

I wish the "conservatives" cared as much about spending as they did about NOT paying their bills.

A lot of those people took those tax cuts and were able to save for a house (that they could afford), college, or invest in a business or retirement fund. Some of those vehicles will also lower their taxes going forward.

Just like any business, cash in your pocket now is better than cash in your pocket later.

View PostA lot of those people took those tax cuts and were able to save for a house (that they could afford), college, or invest in a business or retirement fund. Some of those vehicles will also lower their taxes going forward.

Just like any business, cash in your pocket now is better than cash in your pocket later.

The way these people talk about money makes me sick.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View PostThe way these people talk about money makes me sick.

I agree,

they got suckered by a shell game,

30 years of building a massive debt, and praising the GOP for NOT making them pay their bills.

"pass it on to your kids, they'll be fine"

I heard about the Death Tax, but in actuality it's a death debt.

THEY spent without paying for it,

and will pass the debt on when they die.

it's disgusting.

Great, some people could afford to buy nicer houses because Ronny Reagan didn't make them pay what they spent. fabulous.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostI will never smoke a cigar nor a cigarette. How exactly is this a tax on me. Sounds like it's more of a tax on people too stupid to take care of their health....

Sooner or later they will get around to you and I.

That is why we have to call him on this now.

If they throw a 61% tax on dog food, you will howl.

When they hit Gulp baits with a 61% tax, I will holler.

But, by then it will be too late.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Well that's all well and good, however, we're talking about now and what has actually TAKEN PLACE. Cigarettes and other vices are things that have always been taxed heavily. I, for one, don't have a problem with that.

For some reason there is a vocal minority that doesn't seem to think these taxed items have an adverse effect on a person's health (contrary to numerous studies that indicate differently). Sorry folks but your bad decisions contribute to an increase in my health care coverage. Consequently, you can pay the higher tax.

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

View PostI agree,

30 years of building a massive debt, and praising the GOP for NOT making them pay their bills.

it's disgusting.

Great, some people could afford to buy nicer houses because Ronny Reagan didn't make them pay what they spent. fabulous.

Welfare checks and social security, the true shell game, are not my bills. Here's a newsflash for you. I'm in it for me and my family, not yours!

Building a strong defense is the job of the federal govt and what our tax dollars should be going to. It's the one thing that they actually do pretty well. All of the social experiments they've come up with; SS, medicare, medicaid, CRA, and now health care, have or will go broke. Those are the things the government provides that have not been paid for.

View PostWell that's all well and good, however, we're talking about now and what has actually TAKEN PLACE. Cigarettes and other vices are things that have always been taxed heavily. I, for one, don't have a problem with that.

For some reason there is a vocal minority that doesn't seem to think these taxed items have an adverse effect on a person's health (contrary to numerous studies that indicate differently). Sorry folks but your bad decisions contribute to an increase in my health care coverage. Consequently, you can pay the higher tax.

So, what do you think will happen, as 'Tax' Revenue falls from the drastically reduced 'Vices' as they are priced out of existence? Once the .GOV gets 'used' to an 'Income', they are 'Hooked' for life. As 'Income' from one 'source' dries up, they WILL 'recover' it elsewhere........

As Pastor Martin Niemöller once wrote:

"When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out."

View PostI agree,

it's disgusting.

Everything is fine: We can grow our way out of the deficit.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

View PostSo, what do you think will happen, as 'Tax' Revenue falls from the drastically reduced 'Vices' as they are priced out of existence? Once the .GOV gets 'used' to an 'Income', they are 'Hooked' for life. As 'Income' from one 'source' dries up, they WILL 'recover' it elsewhere........

As Pastor Martin Niemöller once wrote:

"When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out."

When the income tax, payroll tax, or capital gains taxes start going up let me know and I'll be right there bitching with you.

Thomas B. Reed 1886

View PostWhen the income tax, payroll tax, or capital gains taxes start going up let me know and I'll be right there bitching with you.

Hard to stop something from happening when it's already happened.......

Kinda' like closing the Gate after the Cows got out........