Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WoodyCT

Brand New Daiwa Catalina - Shedding Parts

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

I don't care what fans say, but something is wrong with japanese made daiwas lately. i read three recent complaints from people who bought brand new saltigas then had to replace gears shortly, and i see more photos of broken bodies and handles falling apart

there was a thread about merger or corporate restructure at daiwa last year but i can't find it. probably related? headscratch.gif

I've had similar experiences with Penn Craptivas...

Screws falling out and bails falling off after NO fish.

A screw fell out and the roller went sailing after 2 short Fluke, etc.

View Post

Screws falling out and bails falling off after NO fish.

A screw fell out and the roller went sailing after 2 short Fluke, etc.

When I get a new reel, I ALWAYS put blue Loctite on the fasteners.

0806_hbkp_05_z+blue_loctite+put_on_new_t

View PostWhen I get a new reel, I ALWAYS put loctite on the fasteners.

Too bad we have to worry about doing crap like this. Whats it gonna cost to locktite at the factory? $.05?

I have an okuma 55 that dropped the bail wire too.beatin.gif

View PostToo bad we have to worry about doing crap like this. Whats it gonna cost to locktite at the factory? $.05?

I have an okuma 55 that dropped the bail wire too.beatin.gif

cwm15.gifcwm15.gifcwm15.gifMEMO FROM LICHUM TO REEL MANUFACTURERS : cwm15.gifcwm15.gifcwm15.gif

cwm15.gifcwm15.gifcwm15.gifGET YOUR QA UP TO SPECIFICATIONS.cwm15.gifcwm15.gifcwm15.gif

LICHUM.

quality assurance (QA)

Definition

Often used interchangeably with quality control (QC), it is a wider concept that covers all policies and systematic activities implemented within a quality system. QA frameworks include (1) determination of adequate technical requirement of inputs and outputs, (2) certification and rating of suppliers, (3) testing of procured material for its conformance to established quality, performance, safety, and reliability standards, (4) proper receipt, storage, and issue of material, (5) audit of the process quality, (6) evaluation of the process to establish required corrective response, and (7) audit of the final output for conformance to (a) technical (b) reliability, © maintainability, and (d) performance requirements.

View PostWhen I get a new reel, I ALWAYS put blue Loctite on the fasteners.

next time you wanna buy a new reel, contact the manufacturer and get a reel kit, at least it will save you the disassembly hassle. kooky.gif

View PostI don't care what fans say, but something is wrong with japanese made daiwas lately. i read three recent complaints from people who bought brand new saltigas then had to replace gears shortly, and i see more photos of broken bodies and handles falling apart

Attachment 373219

Attachment 373220

there was a thread about merger or corporate restructure at daiwa last year but i can't find it. probably related? headscratch.gif

You might be onto something--one of the Canal guys burned out the gears in a 6000 GT in a month. Daiwa did send him a new replacement reel rather than making him wait for a repair, but it did shake his confidence in the reel a bit.

I just replaced the two line roller bearings in my 6000-Z. First things I've replaced in 5 seasons--and when I took the old assembly apart, there was only one bearing in there--the second was never installed originally.

Of course, one bearing is probably all it needed. cwm27.gif