Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basenjib123

Riddle me this ...

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

View PostWhy would oil companies be driving a mile deep in the water? Thus, amongst other problems....making oil blow outs far more difficult to contain? Anyone....anyone??

All the easy sites are empty maybe ...headscratch.gif

Loncaster is our winner!! These moron Environmentalcases have blocked hundreds of millions (maybe billions) of barrels of oil from being extracted FROM LAND based sites!! and now these same jerks want to complain about how long it is taking to stop the bleeding???

+1 for longcaster

eats coast + west coast don't allow drilling for oil due to the vast # of environmentalists in the regions and their connection to lobbyists. And we all know how lobbyists can work they tongues (better than my ex that is, doesn't matter how you look at that) to get what they are paid to do. BP and other companies had no other choice but to go down here to the gulf to the deepwaters.

Considering the number of oil rigs we have it's just a matter of time before something goes wrong, and it did. BP, being wrong, did all they could to try to fix it. 2 relief wells are being drilled in an attempt to reduce the pressure, making it easier to seal the leak. The media, on the other hand, portrait BP in an antagonistic way that I personally don't think that necessary. I would love to hear direct compalints from the people in affected regions, but not from some reporters who don't have first hand experience. Maybe that's jut me

View Post+1 for longcaster

eats coast + west coast don't allow drilling for oil due to the vast # of environmentalists in the regions and their connection to lobbyists.

No but we allow drilling for natural gas? headscratch.gif Why is that?

not sure why, maybe because natural gas are being used widely in the NE region? Coulda sworn we had a discussion about this with my professor, just can't remember the details at the moment. headscratch.gif

View Postnot sure why, maybe because natural gas are being used widely in the NE region? Coulda sworn we had a discussion about this with my professor, just can't remember the details at the moment. headscratch.gif

I dunno why either thats why I asked. They're currently fighting the largest natural gas drilling in upstate Pa. Not sure which way its gonna swing yet.

THe company thats doing it is buying hunting camps up left and right. Most times its a nice buy out. And the state that our deer hunting is in up there its probally not gonna stop either.

View Post+1 for longcaster

eats coast + west coast don't allow drilling for oil due to the vast # of environmentalists in the regions and their connection to lobbyists. And we all know how lobbyists can work they tongues (better than my ex that is, doesn't matter how you look at that) to get what they are paid to do. BP and other companies had no other choice but to go down here to the gulf to the deepwaters.

Considering the number of oil rigs we have it's just a matter of time before something goes wrong, and it did. BP, being wrong, did all they could to try to fix it. 2 relief wells are being drilled in an attempt to reduce the pressure, making it easier to seal the leak. The media, on the other hand, portrait BP in an antagonistic way that I personally don't think that necessary. I would love to hear direct compalints from the people in affected regions, but not from some reporters who don't have first hand experience. Maybe that's jut me

Please go to youtube and search for "kindra arnesen", she lives there and all her family for generations has fished there, she talks plainly enough that most will understand what the situation is, and what is or is not being done to clean it up, then be prepared to feel sick, sort of like the sick feeling you get when you first heard about fyke nets, but like there where 1,000's of them .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kindra knows what's up.

And seriously, **** BP.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/bps-dismal-...0763042&page=1

As the nation comes to grips with the worst oil disaster in its history , there is evidence BP has one of the worst safety track records of any major oil company operating in the United States.

n two separate disasters prior to the Gulf oil rig explosion, 30 BP workers have been killed, and more than 200 seriously injured. In the last five years, investigators found, BP has admitted to breaking U.S. environmental and safety laws and committing outright fraud. BP paid $373 million in fines to avoid prosecution.

BP's safety violations far outstrip its fellow oil companies. According to the Center for Public Integrity, in the last three years, BP refineries in Ohio and Texas have accounted for 97 percent of the "egregious, willful" violations handed out by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

View PostPlease go to youtube and search for "kindra arnesen", she lives there and all her family for generations has fished there, she talks plainly enough that most will understand what the situation is, and what is or is not being done to clean it up, then be prepared to feel sick, sort of like the sick feeling you get when you first heard about fyke nets, but like there where 1,000's of them .

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=741739

View Post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We already knew all that. Problem is who is gonna step up and put BP in thier place?

View PostWell, as far as I can tell, it's gonna have to be me.cwm13.gif

Its gonna have to be 100,000 of storming there command center and stuffing their plans up thier asses.