Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pier_man0909

strikeforce event

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

show was pretty good, except for the absolutely horrible commentating. fedor lost. about time. now he should have a lot less bargaining power with the ufc and seeing him there could be a possibility somewhat soon. and I think now "you fight like a girl" isn't such a bad insult.

that was an awesome card. better than most of the ufc ppv's imo. even the prelim was fast but then all stoppages clapping.gif brave ohh

thompson/healy great upset in the final 30 sec, for a hug fest this turned out ok, im glad healy lost after trying to just lean on him for the decision

cyborg is a freak, that mess should have ben over in the 1st, that other chick took the fetal position several times and juct covered up, the ref sucked midget beans. and her corner never should have allowed her to answer the bell in 2, that was brutal but why we all love a chickfight i guess

cung le still has it, love to see him get another title shot

finally biggrin.gif zomg he is human. say it with me ophiles. he looked sharp too. he was gonna stop werdum early but once again zomg!

i cant believe it was free icon14.gif overeems gonna kill werdum btw

View PostThat clown beat Fedor with 0 strikes attempted!!!cwm27.gif

Umm Werdum is not a clown. He has beat a lot of top level guys and 3 of his 4 losses were to some of the best heavyweights out there. Dos Santos, Big Nog, and Arlovski are all good fighters. Werdum has beat Gonzaga, twice, Brandon Vera, and roid boy Overeem. I think its funny that he beat both Fedor and his brother though.

Would you call Royce Gracie a clown? I mean he beat loads of guys back in the day with 0 strikes attempted and he is one of the reasons this sport is where it is today.

Didn't see the whole card, but saw the Fedor fight today. Great job by Werdum. You could see where the cage really messed Fedor up. As he was backing out of the arm bar, his momentum was stopped by the cage and Werdum rolled him into his guard and into the triangle. Really slick by Werdum.

Once again, Fedor brought everything. Most fighters would have backed out of the guard of someone Werdum's caliber, but Fedor went right after him and payed for it. I wish more fighters had that same mentality instead of the play it safe decisions that happen all too often.

congrats to Werdum and otter, cause no one wants a Fedor loss that otter! HappyWave.gif

Im glad he lost. not because I like werdum, but because I think his fans have built him into something that he isnt and the pedastool they put him on is higher than he is in real life.

Hey, the guy had a good run. No one can be perfect forever. It's not like he got pounded out and ****ed up, he got caught in a sub, happens all the time.

I'd like to see if he changes his training up now though.

After 8 years Fedor is entitled to the occasional brain fart inside the ring. It is what it is, I don't think any less of Fedor for the loss. I hope the rematch is a little more entertaining though.

That Fedor submission was thing of beauty...like something out of the Aikido playbook. "This guy wants to charge after me like an angry bear? OK, let me duck one of his wild punches, grab his arm, tuck it under my leg & try to bend it in a way it isn't supposed to bend - while choking off the blood supply to his brain - until he passes out or cries uncle. Match over, I win."

Zero strikes attempted and still won.

Congrats FW...Beautiful BJJ....You now have wins over both Emeliankos...As an MMA fan I truly appreciated what you did....I would have preferred you caught someone else but, nice.....nice work...and I am more of a fan of yours today then I ever was before.... highfive.gif

Now all the non-believers and haters can have your day.....Fedor has finally lost....its been 10+ years. A legit loss. All good things come to an end, they always do. The good news from my point of view...Fedor was not hurt...he can get back into training as soon as he feels like it. No recovery time needed. icon14.gif

I am very surprised Fedor jumped on him the way he did. I really thought Fedor would let him stand again as FW weakest feature is his standup. But, being the warrior that he is....attack button is always on and there is no....retreat option.

I would love to see a rematch....I would be more intested in this rematch over AO/FW....But well see what happens. If the rematch takes place as I hope...Ill be betting my $$ on you know who. We can make deals.

ps... the ducking comments make no sense. Fedor has been beating up top competiton, the best of the best, across all lines for many years....while most of the names you hear today were not even, names.....for realz....read up....do some research and....learn a little about this wonderfully crazy sport.

Professional record breakdown35 matches32 wins2 lossesBy knockout91By submission161By decision70No contests1

So, Who is the GOAT??? Thats right.......Best eva....until you show me someone else remotely close to ^^^ biggrin.gif

WAR FEDOR!

WAR FW!

FAWK BRAWK.

teh pedastool, its still there? headscratch.gif

look dont get me wrong, i respeck the guy and all. i just think you guys are chewing urinal cookies. he's simply not on the same athletic level as the top heavies anymore. fedors best asset is a good chin and a big accurate right hand, he would get taken down and dominated against the lesnars of the world. the dudes chubby with no getaway sticks. he's not a total package guy anymore. maybe against limited comp in pride but not anymore. i really wanted to see how he would handle overeem, and id give him less than a punchers chance against carwin, several others. i would go so far to say fedor should try to suck down to light heavy at this point, he was ready to bang which should translate well at 205 icon14.gif good luck guy (mentally musses fedors hair)