Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vekzero

Castle Island...almost

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I tried Castle Island today with a buddy. My family grew up in Southie so they fished there a lot. I was using clam as bait with my/the standard hook, line, sinker set up. I got a couple little bites casting into the sugar bowl. Then I got a fish on..I was pumped except the fact I clearly tied a awful know and the hook came undone...I need to get better at know tying.

Beside that it seemed like they were biting there pretty well.

View Postpalomar is the simple way to go , it gives you double line through the eye

and only takes about 10sec. to rig

Not to mentioned that"it's the best knot for terminal application"there are no true 90 degree angles in the knot which = no compromise in line strength.

View Postpalomar is the simple way to go , it gives you double line through the eye

and only takes about 10sec. to rig

learn to tie the palomar, and the rest will fall into place

also, i have started using breakaway clips, so when you change lures or rigs you don't need to tie any knots at all, and they are way better than snaps

I always fish either and hour before and an hour after high tide. Not because of strategy or anything like that it just depends on what time i get up lol. This time was an hour after high.

Sounds good, what is the deal with the locks out there, when are they open and closed? Is it a regular schedule? I gotta find a good way to get out there one of these days without a car.

View Postruns out through locks generally speaking is a much better time frame to trybiggrin.gifcwm15.gif

No no, bad idea. There are NEVER any fish around then...

View PostSounds good, what is the deal with the locks out there, when are they open and closed? Is it a regular schedule? I gotta find a good way to get out there one of these days without a car.

the locks are always open, the tide determines which way the water flows through them. Although, the water will still be flowing out a couple hours into the rising tide.

I'd tell you more, but that will only increase the chances of you being in my spot when I want to fish it. I already have Chunkah down there!

all you guys are crowding my spotbiggrin.gif. thats where i learned how to fish. cought my first two keepers this season there, havn't been there since the beginning of the month though. never had much luck there in the summer.

about the Sugar Bowl and Castle Island you have plenty of parking and plenty of spots to learn how to fish.

Not only do you have places to fish on the outside of the causway, but many others on the inside as well.

Flounder, Striped Bass,Blue fish,Mackerel and Toutog can be found should you do your homework. Investigate them all for best resultscwm15.gif