Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJones

Full moon tonight...

15 posts in this topic

Hot weather... Full moon... Could be good night bite. Who is going out tonight? or been/going out the past few days/next few nights. Wish I could be out now for sun set through moon rise... but I'm at work. Gonna stop on the way home and throw some musky lures at a spot or two. Could be some nice fish caught next few days if weather holds steady. Good luck if you go!

Should be pretty good. Pressure has been dropping here to. Unfortantly the kid is at his grandparents tonight so I gotta stay home and fish. wink.gif

Fished Friday morning with success. Very agressive top-water action, but Senkos were killer, too. It's too calm for surf fishing, so I'll be hitting a lake tomorrow morning by first light.

cwm27.gif I feel for you Derrick, ha ha...smile.gif Just got text from my nephew. He scored a nice 18 inch largemouth right as is was getting dark. Good luck out there fellas.

View Postcwm27.gif I feel for you Derrick, ha ha...smile.gif Just got text from my nephew. He scored a nice 18 inch largemouth right as is was getting dark. Good luck out there fellas.

Yea and this is the first weekend I didn't atleast wet a line somewhere, accually I only fished once this week and it really didn't bother me at all. cwm27.gif

TJ.....my granddaughter called me last Friday. PopPop lets go out in the boat. 1300 ,ninety plus degrees, bluebird skies.....ok lets go cwm31.gif . I gave her a small senko wacky rigged on her snoopy rod and we started. The river is at 3.6 and crystal clear. I basically ran up river put the trolling motor down and we were off at a steady pace. You could see every thing that moved from the front of the boat. I put a small white Mister Twister on an 1/8 oz. jig and cut the hook off and just began casting and watching. The amount and diversity of fish was unbelievable. In approximately 3/4 of a mile I saw literally several hundred fish, I could truthfully say more, but lets let it at hundreds. Suckers every where, and unbelievable number of shad, along with walleye, musky....and bass. I concentrated on the bass count and came up with 329 between approximately 12 and 21 inches that I could see in 3/4 of a mile. I also could not keep up with the count of tiny bass that followed that twister, probably in the hundreds. Crayfish in the thousands.

We went back up after the drift and I caught several "good" fish on flukes and she caught 9 small on the snoopy rod. Can you imagine with that count how many fish are in that section of the river from shore to shore !!!!!

Here is the kicker....I took her home at 1630. I thought I'm going back out at false light till into dark.....butkisss, nada, nothing, not a tap. Flukes, topwater, jigs, stick baits.....not one fish. How do you figure that chite out?

It was truly great to see the amount of bass in all sizes in this " dying poisoned river" biggrin.gif The no bite thing at prime time warped my brain though ????

Got this big girl last night at 1030. Was a little over 20 inches fish was prob between 5.5 and 6. Lure was on surface about 12 feet from dock and thump just sucked it in. I was by myself and didnt wanna keep the fish out too long so I just took a pict with my cell phone (no flash) so sorry for the poor picture quality.

Hit my local resv at 5 am Sunday morning and began with topwater. Threw buzzbait,flukes,poppers and not so much as a swirl on any of them. Around 8 or 9 moved out to the points and started with a carolina rig zoom trick worm that seemed to be the key. Ended picking up 7 bass between 14 to 18in. If the point had scattered stumps on it it had a fish or two holding on it.

The one that was a heart breaker was pulled the rig into a stump and ripped it off of it and instantly felt a bone jarring strike & set the hook only to have it start pulling serious drag. Fought it for a few seconds only to have it get back in the stumps and break me off. All fish were 8 to 12ft range. By 11 it was time to go to dang hot so loaded the jon boat into the truck and hit the pool with the kids.

View Post

Here is the kicker....I took her home at 1630. I thought I'm going back out at false light till into dark.....butkisss, nada, nothing, not a tap. Flukes, topwater, jigs, stick baits.....not one fish. How do you figure that chite out?

It was truly great to see the amount of bass in all sizes in this " dying poisoned river" biggrin.gif The no bite thing at prime time warped my brain though ????

Maybe they reconized your boat cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Seriously though thats the kinda stuff I don't get either. No answer for it either. You would think on a hot day like that it would be the other way around and they would be feeding in the evening or after dark.

Pressure is dropping here, I think I'm gonna head out and give it a try and see what happens.

HeadleyLane, that's a beauty of a largemouth... WTG! Thanks for posting that. Love when a bucketmouth just sucks in a bait. When they get that big I am always impressed with the size of their mouth...caveronous.

RR, great post! Its awesome there is so much life in the river. When the fishing is tough and you know they are still there just adds to the frustration, ha ha... Sometimes I think they don't realize we are on a schedule and know when they are supposed to bite.

I'm gonna meet up with one of my buddies and head out in a little bit... Probably should go chase largemouths, but I got a spot I'm thinking there has to be some walleyes feeding. So we'll find out I guess.

View PostI've been getting fish in the dark on black buzzbaits.reeling them in a little slower then u would in the daylight.you got love that top water bite.

I still have yet to catch one on top water this year headscratch.gif

I went with buddy last night in the yaks. We caught a total of 7, two I estimated were right around the 4# mark. Most on senkos and two on a buzzbait. Had a real good time