Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icepants

cast nets

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

the smaller the net the easier to throw. What are you trying to catch? The mesh varies in size also. Let us get more info and we can better help you decide. Also as a word of advice PRACTICE. No matter how silly you may look in your front yard tossing a net, no one throws it perfect at first.

theres alot of variables also, what you want to catch where your tossing it. The nets vary in sinker weight so depending how deep the water your tossing into is, will affect the weight you want, or the speed you would like it to sink at

View Postthe smaller the net the easier to throw. What are you trying to catch? The mesh varies in size also. Let us get more info and we can better help you decide. Also as a word of advice PRACTICE. No matter how silly you may look in your front yard tossing a net, no one throws it perfect at first.

I would like to target small snappers and peanuts in a marina in about 10 feet of water. As for on the water training I will have help.

Thanks again! Icepants

I personally for peanuts use an 8' 1/4" net. Keep in mind whatever you get the mesh will stretch about double of what it says on package like my 1/4" goes to 1/2". I use Calusa nets, thats what i've found to be the best and what I was thought on. I cant emphasize practice, YouTube does offer great videos also. If someone you know has a net already use that find out the size and see how it works, if you have longer arms you may find you can jump to a bigger net. Good Luck, its a pretty damn good feeling when you cast that net and pull it up filled the first time.

The only net to buy is from Percy Wentworth.......Percynets.com.

They are by far and away the best.....and he gives FREE lessons. Don't even think twice.................call Percy.