Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ReelinRod

Things that make you go, Hmmmmmm . . .

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Plovers on Brigantine were anticipated to hatch shortly after 6/15 (beach closed to vehicles on the 15th) and this was found on the beach on 6/22 . . .

must be on that southern edge of that dead zone! wink.gif maybe he ate a bad plover egg!

kidding aside, if someone did this may they rod in hell

little more serious, things die! its part of the cycle of life.

Wow! While I hope that fox died of natural causes it sure doesn't look like it from the blood around its nose and mouth. If some clown did that in an effort to save those birds I woudl love to question their reasons.kooky.gif I guess it makes more sense to kill a predatory animal then letting nature take its natural course known as survival of the fittest.

We should import more foxes to eat more piping plovers so we can use those beaches. I'm tired of hearing those little bastards squeek and squeal everytime I walk within 30 yards of them. Get rid of them already! They're like mosquitos in that they serve absolutely no purpose on Earth other than to annoy. wink.gif

View PostWow! While I hope that fox died of natural causes it sure doesn't look like it from the blood around its nose and mouth....

Warfarin? If not from natural causes, he's dead either way: targeted or, collateral damage because a typical rodent control was used somewhere and fox don't know nothin' about possibly contaminated food that is either caught or scavenged. (Warfarin is rodent control; coumadin is blood thinner/blood cloting control--generic; one of several brands of meds.)

DuPont used to advertise that "Life itself is impossible without chemicals." However, poison everything that is inconveniant and life itself is impossible, i.e. a food "chain" with links missing everywhere? Kill a rodent--kill a fox; kill garden pests--kill some birds.

soapbox.gif : I'm done.

View PostWarfarin? If not from natural causes, he's dead either way: targeted or, collateral damage because a typical rodent control was used somewhere and fox don't know nothin' about possibly contaminated food that is either caught or scavenged. (Warfarin is rodent control; coumadin is blood thinner/blood cloting control--generic; one of several brands of meds.)

DuPont used to advertise that "Life itself is impossible without chemicals." However, poison everything that is inconveniant and life itself is impossible, i.e. a food "chain" with links missing everywhere? Kill a rodent--kill a fox; kill garden pests--kill some birds.

soapbox.gif : I'm done.

i think you nailed it

View PostWow! While I hope that fox died of natural causes it sure doesn't look like it from the blood around its nose and mouth. If some clown did that in an effort to save those birds I woudl love to question their reasons.kooky.gif I guess it makes more sense to kill a predatory animal then letting nature take its natural course known as survival of the fittest.

I've spoken with some of these bird followers.To a couple of them the fox is not liked.I'd hate to even think one of those bird brains whacked the foxfrown.gif