Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iphish

Pogies

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

has anyone seen any pogies in the great bay/piscat area at all?

I would think they should arrive soon, considering we seem to be ahead of schedule.

saw small pod of pogies off higgins beach last week and snagged a few but didnt find any bass under them. They must be arriving in force soon but shhh!! dont tell anyone as we dont need the giant vaccum boats sucking them all up again this year!

if you guys don't mind me asking, is there good area to fish from ferry beach up to portland? and are they hidden, i would love tto try new spots, but i won't be muggin any of you guys.

Here's the best place to fish for our beloved striper....

Time the tide, drive as far east as you can, park where you can, hit the beach while its still light and find a place where water, rock, and sand all come together either in the wash or in the current. Claim the spot by standing there until dark, and then start fishing!

Someone needed to answer the question! biggrin.gif

Went out yesterday for a couple hrs. Didn't see any pogies but really didn't go searching. Just to one spot and got 7 bass with my son on my topwater plugs, biggest was 28". He was happy, I finally dragged his butt out of bed at 0330 and he caught fish. Later, Scott

those are dome good advice... i think im going to do that at this spot i found... and i hope it works!! i also want to hit up the beaches early in the morning, but im not sure what kind of bait/lure to use... i can go dig up some blood worms(sea Worms) and use those... chunk the macs up? i got 2 plugs i can also try, but i was wondering anyone have any sugguestion on lure/bait?

been seeking the tell tale cluster of fish that so quickly hit the bottom and sit tight in the river. None yet.

Still herring extravanganza north of portland. Bass are on them really hard. Fat fish.

Fun

THough these dam herring stink to high heaven.

Cheers,

Jim

View Postahhh what happenned to the subject matter,headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif (not nice to hijack threads)

has anyone seen any pogies?

seriously Ed I havent seen a single pogie from adams pt to jeffries

Didnt see any pogies but last week, I thought I saw a trawler at the mouth of the Pisquat. I was tempted to play "Whale Wars" with it but decided that I shouldnt jeapordize my boat during fishing season.