Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seadogs1

First double digit day!

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Got on em good this AM cap! Caught the incoming at 0530 at a river mouth south of portland and nailed em from the very first drift. My angler buddy backed out of the trip at the last min. so I was solo. Drifting live macs hooked up 14+ times and boated 10 bass from 24" - 32". Had two baits out while taking a pee and sure enough - bammo doubles! Once the bite slowed around 10AM, I ran to pollock hub to try for some cod and ended up with 6 dogfish...... Any one having any luck with the groundfishing? If so PM the GPS #'s. Thanks!

yeah, mac are easy to get... get a tree... and have fun when they are biting in the morning... most time ill get over at lease 10, and really good day, ill hit about 25+, best i done alone for mac was 27 total...

seadog - are you hitting these fishes up by foot, or boat? and if you don't mind me asking, where are you fishing from... pm me.

I fish from a 19" CC. I did some side by side tests with sabikis vs. Mack trees and in my opinion sabikis out perform 2 to 1. Plus if there is other bait in the water like herring etc you will get them on the sabikis also. For me, bait has been more of a challenge lately. 3 weeks ago i could haul in 30 pounds of macks in a s many minutes while now i work for at least and hour to get 12 or so.

View PostI fish from a 19" CC. I did some side by side tests with sabikis vs. Mack trees and in my opinion sabikis out perform 2 to 1. Plus if there is other bait in the water like herring etc you will get them on the sabikis also. For me, bait has been more of a challenge lately. 3 weeks ago i could haul in 30 pounds of macks in a s many minutes while now i work for at least and hour to get 12 or so.

What he said.

I guess there must have been a time when you could catch pollock and cod on pollock nubble, but dogs are the only thing I've ever caught there. Tantas is the closest I've had much luck on cod. Trinidad used to be decent, but I haven't had much luck there either in the past few years.

i just got back from macING, and i got a few... i hate the viet.. they fug(muggin?) there way in between you and the next guy over so they can get a bite.. but end up crossing lines... piss me right off.

but anyways... i will like to say that Pollock are coming out and they are pretty decent size too, i would say the same as the big macs. but i couldn't get much macs today. but i would to say that i found an awsume Rock fishing spot...

what kind of baits/ lures/ plugs/ needles are good in rocky area?