Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeepBlueSea

Shark pulls a fisherman in

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

yep just figured out that poster disabled the embedding. Double click somewhere on it to watch it inside the youtube

DBS

View Posthmmmm..video doesn't work

Wow! Funny, they talk about blue sharks, but show a mako instead @27 secs. However, I'm trying to figure out what got stuck or what failed. Did the line wrap around the tip or did the line bury itself in the spool? I always carry a knife strapped to me when dealing with big fish, you never know what will happen and in his case, that rod would have been cut from the harness. I would have also dove in for him too, the shark was more concerned with "fight or flight" instead of attacking him (lose a friend or take a chance). Although, what else was lurking below with that chum/chunk slick going? Also, the shark was rolling and appeared to be giving up at the side of the boat, did it dive suddenly whereby pulling him overboard. I don't think this was staged, but definitely very clumsy.

View Postimagine that steel line tangled in your legs...

DBS

I recall a few years ago a well known shark fishing captain broke the cardinal rule in shark fishing and wrapped the leader around his hand and was pulled in and drown.... still saddenscrying.gif me when I think about it RIP

View Postyep just figured out that poster disabled the embedding. Double click somewhere on it to watch it inside the youtube

DBS

got it, wow that is one lucky dudecwm31.gif

There's a British guy called Matt Hayes who does fishing shows. He went to Australia to catch a great white. He interviewed a German guy who got a GW to the side of his boat, unclipped himself from the chair and stood up with the rod still attached to his harness. The shark suddenly swam off and it pulled him out of the boat and down quite deep before he could release the drag on his reel and climb out of the harness. When he surfaced he came up between the moving propellers and his arms were cut to ribbons! Despite his terrible scars he still fishes and lands big sharks!