Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rich56

Busted my Tsunami, need a replacement

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Don't ask how but I did, now I need a replacement 11ft for tossing 4-8 oz+ bait. Looking in the $125 range. Some candidates are Tsunami AirWave, Daiwa Emblem and Okuma Solarus Surf and Oceam Master Surf. Please comment or add your choice in this price range.

Watch the BST for a good used rod. IMHO a rod that will throw 4 half way decent will not throw 8 well. You would bet better off getting a 4-6oz rod and a 8n bait rod

Oh and out of the rods mentioned I would take the ocean master, they are dang near bullet proof.I havent fished on in a long time, but have repaired some that have taken a beating and just keep on going.

You can post in the BST and find a St Croix Triumph 10 1/2 foot rated 2-6. Although the rating is a bit low for what you want it can certainly handle 8 max . This rod is pretty tough and can be bought well within your price range

Why not get another Tsunami? The Airwaves are a good bang for the buck. The Dblues I hear are good also. I have a 10' Airwave but haven't tried the Dblue. The Ocean Master is the way to go if you want to throw larger weights though.

My last 10' Airwave snapped on the jetty just as the fish was coming into range.

One more big problem with Airwaves:

If you go plugging in stormy weather, the rough surface gets a huge static charge from repeated swings through the air. Sparks jumped from the metal reel hoods into my hand.

View PostIf you go plugging in stormy weather, the rough surface gets a huge static charge from repeated swings through the air. Sparks jumped from the metal reel hoods into my hand.

Stormy weather ? you were probably close to getting hit by lightning. Please be careful.

I was actually snagging bunker and a a thunder storm was off in the distance. No rain but the air was charged.

Regardless, my friends smooth Lami did not have any such behavior. His rod was also graphite.

11' tsunami trophy's a good bang for your buck. I've had mine for the past 2 years. throws 4-6 with ease. i wouldn't push it past 6 with a head.

I'm actually in the market for a heaver, i'm going with the HDX, a little more money but hopefully it will be worth it.

i agree with the post above, any rod that throw's 4-6 well probably won't handle 8 n bait, and any rod that will throw 8 n bait probably won't load with 4, maybe 5 or 6.