Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeep912

Lami

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get into a new rod. It's going to be custom raped. I'm sure that I'm going to get a gsb because I already have a super surf now I'm looking for something in a 11' blank that I'm gana be able to cast 3 oz pencils and swimmer no prob. So now I just need advise on witch modle to get any input would help alot.

thanks.

If you're going to be getting it custom built, as opposed to simply wrapped by someone else, then these are the sorts of questions that should be discussed with the person designing and building your rod, specifically, the differences between the 1321L and 1321M and which better suits your need.

Please be aware of something as well, ask to see the receipt for the blank - many Lami blanks are sold at significant discount with a watered-down warranty through Mudhole and I have heard recently of builders buying them there, then billing the customer at the full sticker Lami price and pocketing the difference.

Good advice:

View PostIf you're going to be getting it custom built, as opposed to simply wrapped by someone else, then these are the sorts of questions that should be discussed with the person designing and building your rod, specifically, the differences between the 1321L and 1321M and which better suits your need.

However, I believe you may find yourself deciding upon the 132 1M--not that I know anything about rod building. I did just as advised above but without suggesting what I thought I might want (11' in your case); I just provided information about what I hoped to do with it. I wanted to be able to throw metal into the wind that were heavy enough not to be back on the beach inside of the next two or three waves. I also wanted to throw heavier plugs, like you are wanting to do. For the proper guide placement, the following had to be determined: the desired handle length; the reel that I would be using; and, whether I would be using braid or mono.

And you mentioned pencil poppers: the 132 1M might just be heart.gif, but also post in the "Rod Building Form," here on SOL. No matter what you decide upon, custom will provide the optimum reel and rod set-up.

thanks for all the advice guys i just found a 132 1m at a local bait and tackle shop on the island. he wraps up a bunch of them to sell in the store. it has no real seat you have to tape it on. he is charging $279 for it and it has concept guids on it. Is that a good price.

View Postthanks for all the advice guys i just found a 132 1m at a local bait and tackle shop on the island. he wraps up a bunch of them to sell in the store. it has no real seat you have to tape it on. he is charging $279 for it and it has concept guids on it. Is that a good price.

Very fair price, especially if it is a well known, trustworthy shop and the guides are fuji or comparable. Taping on the reel will give you the ability to move it around until you find the sweet spot, or to use different reels at different distances, a good thing in my opinion.

Alex

View PostI'm looking to get into a new rod. It's going to be custom raped. I'm sure that I'm going to get a gsb because I already have a super surf now I'm looking for something in a 11' blank that I'm gana be able to cast 3 oz pencils and swimmer no prob. So now I just need advise on witch modle to get any input would help alot.

thanks.

Be careful with that 'custom raped'......know where that will put ya!

Ive got 1321 1M IM waiting to build, in the mean time Ive been using an old sb 1364 mh with 4 inches off the top I built years back for throwing bait and fishing the Ditch, and I'll tell ya for a glass rod that blank is awesome! It can cast a 4.5oz pencil into infinity and beyond lol

I have a lami GSB 132 1L that i built and love it.Its an 11 foot rod.It handles 2 to 6 oz lures and 3 oz seems to be the sweet spot if you know what i mean.caught a lot of nice size fish with it and it cast real nice as well.I love the way it loads up.Its a patrbolic rod meaning that the whole rod bends.I use it mostly for throwing big plugs or snagging bunker.

View Postthanks for all the advice guys i just found a 132 1m at a local bait and tackle shop on the island. he wraps up a bunch of them to sell in the store. it has no real seat you have to tape it on. he is charging $279 for it and it has concept guids on it. Is that a good price.

If the island in question is Long Island, that's an excellent price. You can't get them any cheaper than that even around here, where rods tend to sell for less cash than NY/NJ.

Concept guides will let that blank cast with anything out there.

The GSB 132 1M is definatly an ideal rod for what you want to do. That is an amazing price, are you sure its not used? when you say "concept guides", do you mean the rod was built NGC (new guide Concept), or just it has fuji guides?