Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Do you respect liberals as a group?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

(Not Democrats. Liberals)

Do you believe they are worthy of others' trust, deference, and respect?

I do not, and I have specific reasons, but I don't want to sway the discussion right off the bat.

Tell me if you do or do not and cite your reasons.

I do. Just like conservatives I think they each have respectable qualities.

A few are civil liberties, human rights, free speech, even social welfare.

I do think they have abused things in the name of the above, but looking back in history I htink there is plenty to respect.

I think a nice mix of conservatism and liberalism is perfect

No, that should be pretty obvious to anyone who has dealt with me over the years. I hold liberalism in complete contempt.

I consider the general philosophy of liberalism to be the leading edge of decadence and the people who push it in America to be full of both white guilt and a desire for power for themselves to redress those real and imagined wrongs. (Yes, I know that is somewhat contradictory.)

interesting perspective, knight. but i have to ask: is liberalism a cause of decadence, or is a lack of morality the cause of decadence?

you might say that all liberals are immoral, but i'd say that's hyperbole. and of course, it would be impossible to say the all conservatives are moral.

View Postinteresting perspective, knight. but i have to ask: is liberalism a cause of decadence, or is a lack of morality the cause of decadence?

you might say that all liberals are immoral, but i'd say that's hyperbole. and of course, it would be impossible to say the all conservatives are moral.

I started a thread to define what a liberal is.

I think it's a nebulous term and for many on the right a catchall phrase for most attributes they don't like.

View Postinteresting perspective, knight. but i have to ask: is liberalism a cause of decadence, or is a lack of morality the cause of decadence?

Overall, Liberals push both personal dependence on big government and moral relativism. These weaken people and cheapen their behavior, not make them stronger. I could expand on this but I have some work to do. Will try and get back later.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky

excellent post rc.

I do find it ironic that a "third party" advocate is so emeshed in a two ideology world view.

it's hard to get people to break out of two party politics when all discussions break down into "liberal" and "conservative". It's naive to think that people break down cleanly into either camp, and that in reality there isn't a Baskin Robbins variety here.

View Postexcellent post rc.

I do find it ironic that a "third party" advocate is so emeshed in a two ideology world view.

it's hard to get people to break out of two party politics when all discussions break down into "liberal" and "conservative". It's naive to think that people break down cleanly into either camp, and that in reality there isn't a Baskin Robbins variety here.

Liberal and conservative are not parties, they are personal and political philosophies. Political Parties are, for example, The Democrat Party. or, the Republican Party, or maybe the Communist Party, or the Social Democrat Party (big in Europe).

I'm not talking about political parties, I am discusiing political beliefs.

You are welcome to start your own thread to discuss the differences between the actual two major political Parties in the USA.

I also do not espouse a "two ideology world view." That is a complete misrepresentation of my whole outlook.

But there is a pretty stark line between the person that respects the sovereignty of the individual in a government framework and the person that would strip that respect away in favor of a collective approach to governing.

Redundant Questions that receive the same answer. Again, nope, they refuse to police their own, unless their 'Hands' are held in the 'Fire'. Again, Respect is earned, not blindly given.wink.gif

It's hard to respect a group of people. It's more an indivual basis thing for me seeing that there are contemptible liberals and conservatives. As for the liberal ideaology, I respect it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is deserving of respect.