Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minivin5

Come on Really.......

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

The forum is full of I want threads..... why cant you all use the search feature.... if you all took a minute and used it it would eliminate the last 50 or so what is biting threads.... Florida fishing does not change really it is really quite seasonal.... if you came down last june/july it is going to be the same this year.... why can anyone post useful threads like what knots, rigs, flies, equipment thread instead of what can i catch..... My rant is over... Until I see a change in questions asked in here I wont post again....mad.gif

TimS maybe you should think about eliminating this forum....seems a moot point.... same questions... same answers..... very dull if you ask mecwm13.gif

Since when is this forum to be oriented to one person's opinion?

I am happy to share what I know, or what I don't know about fishing here in Fl..Since you obviously know everything about fishing in Fl ,,,Why don't you put your knowledge to use and post something constructive instead of being an arm chair critic..Of course its seasonal, its seasonal everywhere, but not everyone knows everything about the fishing here, and getting local tips is IMHO a great resource for those who visit here. I learn something almost every time I come in here,,,Thank you SOL for all the forums ,,,kooky.gif

YO HO Mates, guess Mini has a New Version Websters Big Book that omitted ""COURTESY"".

I sure cant cover the entire state ,how ever, I can and will help all i can for West Central FL (All up and Down Hwy 19 from Tampa North to Cedar Key and little beyond further North.

Scallop season in full swing and the Flats are packed with families with the kids diving for the rascals (4-6 ft) (Pontoon Boats galore)

Water temp up around 90 so fish very sluggish ,trout holding 10-12 ft . Cobia has been slow in respect to past, few caught ,but for most part small. One 53 lb caught, boated by young lady with a Baitrunner 3500 Well Done Sis.

Motels half full, cafe open, prices down, less traffic, look into the West Coast for relaxing, laid back time, bring few bucks dont need a big bundle. Kids and Pets welcome . see ya soon

Al

View PostThe forum is full of I want threads..... why cant you all use the search feature.... if you all took a minute and used it it would eliminate the last 50 or so what is biting threads.... Florida fishing does not change really it is really quite seasonal.... if you came down last june/july it is going to be the same this year.... why can anyone post useful threads like what knots, rigs, flies, equipment thread instead of what can i catch..... My rant is over... Until I see a change in questions asked in here I wont post again....mad.gif

TimS maybe you should think about eliminating this forum....seems a moot point.... same questions... same answers..... very dull if you ask mecwm13.gif

cwm27.gif

View PostYO HO Mates, guess Mini has a New Version Websters Big Book that omitted ""COURTESY"".

Al

Really Al "Courtesy"... I believe that anyone who has posted coming to Fort Myers beach/sanibel/captiva area always gets a response from me... all get a PM telling them to leave their gear at home.... my gear is theirs for their stay. Dre was the last one to respond... gave him directions to spots, showed him how to use the cast net...even took the guy and his kid to the Red Sox game even though they are Yankmee fanscwm13.gif...

Good to see you still alive and well Al...... Post up some reports some pictures of the Crystal area..wink.gif

View PostSince when is this forum to be oriented to one person's opinion?

I am happy to share what I know, or what I don't know about fishing here in Fl..Since you obviously know everything about fishing in Fl ,,,Why don't you put your knowledge to use and post something constructive instead of being an arm chair critic..Of course its seasonal, its seasonal everywhere, but not everyone knows everything about the fishing here, and getting local tips is IMHO a great resource for those who visit here. I learn something almost every time I come in here,,,Thank you SOL for all the forums ,,,kooky.gif

My friend seems you have a lot of posts here.... highfive.gifLooks like you are here to buy or sell.....

Good to see you still alive and well Al...... Post up some reports some pictures of the Crystal area..wink.gif

Would love to post some pictures but have no camera and not up to speed on how to do so even if I had a camera.

Fishing very slow, water temp is around 90 right now,most Guides only running half day charters for fishing in the flats, lot of rain and Lightning in past couple weeks. With temp in 90's heat index over the 100 mark, same as your area Mini ,if to hot for us to hot for fish, even with Bimini up & wife's Dodger HOT

Full day charter for 3 People is $400.00 (total) plus a tip for Capt as most flats guides have no mate,most guides are Kid's friendly .

Going out to 50 -60 ft of water (40/45 mile or so) has been fruitful for many ,lot of Grouper/Red Snapper/Red Grouper and AJ, out of range for my boat (fuel & over all size)

Hot lure has been the mirro o dine , and also DOA glitter , as well as gulp new penny.

I have told many if in area give me a call and we can take my boat out, if to hot to fish, we can cruise down river to gulf, go to Springs, swim with a manatee and go to lunch at water front pub.

About it or right now Mini ,oh I am to damm old to start playing with new toys like digital cameras and such. Al

Flats are full of boats as scallop season opened a week early and they are finding quite a few this year

I haven't been here that long and I try to post when I have something relevant to say..Yes I do buy gear, but I also try to provide any info I can about Tampa/Clearwater fishing..Just because someone posts thousands of posts doesn't mean they have said anything...I only know what I know , and what I don't , I do not pretend to know..

Yup Al... gulf temp is way up there... August temps in Junecwm31.gif About that camera... you are never to old buddy...

Scallop season....now your talkin... our commercial fleet here is mainly shrimpin boats and a few grouper guys....since Charlie and the recession the fleet has dwindled down... sad state of affairs really.frown.gif

View PostReally Al "Courtesy"... I believe that anyone who has posted coming to Fort Myers beach/sanibel/captiva area always gets a response from me... all get a PM telling them to leave their gear at home.... my gear is theirs for their stay. Dre was the last one to respond... gave him directions to spots, showed him how to use the cast net...even took the guy and his kid to the Red Sox game even though they are Yankmee fanscwm13.gif...

I just arrived in Fort Myers. Will be here for a week and will be looking to catch a nice shark or 2. Would you have any advice or tips on where to go and what to use to improve on my skunk from last year?

View PostI just arrived in Fort Myers. Will be here for a week and will be looking to catch a nice shark or 2. Would you have any advice or tips on where to go and what to use to improve on my skunk from last year?

Fort myers beach pier has been hot lately for sharkin, you could also just hop on the Sea trek... they will put you on sharks. Early morning wade out to the first sand bar and toss your offering at the rolling tarpon... you could jump one or two.... I will be out mon-wed mornings if you want to meet upbeers.gif

View PostI haven't been here that long and I try to post when I have something relevant to say..Yes I do buy gear, but I also try to provide any info I can about Tampa/Clearwater fishing..Just because someone posts thousands of posts doesn't mean they have said anything...I only know what I know , and what I don't , I do not pretend to know..

Just was bustin your chops..... hope to see more of your postswink.gif

Al, I am up in the pan handle now, and heading down to the coast tomorrow.

I will be sure to throw lots of $20's to the locals....

Its all good, I know how ignorant I was about fishing here in Fl when I got here 5 years ago, and wish I had known about this site then,,,You guys know so much, and when I read how and where you fish, I realize I am still learning, but I am becoming a better fisherman...biggrin.gif

View PostIts all good, I know how ignorant I was about fishing here in Fl when I got here 5 years ago, and wish I had known about this site then,,,You guys know so much, and when I read how and where you fish, I realize I am still learning, but I am becoming a better fisherman...biggrin.gif

Every time I go out fishin I learn something new, fishing only artificial now for the past 3 years is a big change from live bait fishing, one being that my hookup rate has plummeted.redface.gif I think I have a better understanding what makes Snook attack plugs now, and conditions play a big rolewink.gif