Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLA40

Free Speech Under Attack ( unless you're a Muslim)

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...r-taliban.html

"> Smw9QuH1xkA&feature=player_embedded

As many of you know, a group of Christians were denied their unalienable rights of free speech and freedom of assembly that are set forth in our Constitution and above all, endowed by our creator. In a stunning and unlawful usurpation of American law, sharia law was enforced at a Muslim festival in Dearborn, Michigan, where these gentlemen (see video) were arrested for ..... going to a festival and passing out fliers

Where's the ACLU?! Why aren't they in arms (no pun intended) over this?headscratch.gif Where are the lawsuits? I bet in might be a little different if it were the other way around wouldn't it? beers.gif

View PostWhere's the ACLU?! Why aren't they in arms (no pun intended) over this?headscratch.gif Where are the lawsuits? I bet in might be a little different if it were the other way around wouldn't it? beers.gif

Agreed...aclu seems to be on the wrong side of most things as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see this as anti christian,

I don't see the aggitators as BEING Christian,

they were using religion like a tool, for the purpose of creating an incident to cry about.

If some Nation of Islam types blocked the exit of a Christian Festival and handed Muslim literature to the exiting patrons, I would hope law enforcement had a similar SWIFT reaction.

I kinda find it disgusting when people looking to cause trouble do it but hide behind God. They sully the name Christian when trying to cause a problem under a religious banner.

Enforcing Sharia, were they? The local police are now agents of Islam? .....

PLA40, contact me by PM immediately. I have valuable shares of the Brooklyn Bridge that I'm putting on the market, and you're exactly the right kind of guy to buy them.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

If you're a PeTA member, and you want to agitate at an SOL fling that is being held on private property (or property that is being rented from a municipal entity) ...

Does the BoR apply?

View PostIf you're a PeTA member, and you want to agitate at an SOL fling that is being held on private property (or property that is being rented from a municipal entity) ...

Does the BoR apply?

who's doing the suppressing of speech? BoR applies to gov't suppression, not private.

I haven't seen the clip, but I might imagine that the police might have content-neutral reasons for stopping the filmers from doing what they were doing.

View Postwho's doing the suppressing of speech? BoR applies to gov't suppression, not private.

I haven't seen the clip, but I might imagine that the police might have content-neutral reasons for stopping the filmers from doing what they were doing.

Assume it's the cops.

I mean, don't Muslims and other folks at that event have a reasonable right to chill without being harassed?

I'm at a fling ... don't I have a right not to be harassed by PeTA activists?

What if it was Jewish festival and local Hamas organizers were passing out flyers? kooky.gif

my biggest problem is I think it's terrible to hide your anger and aggression behind the Christian Banner.

there is nothing christian about trying to agitate people,

and acting like a victim when law enforcment seeks to PREVENT an incident.

View Postmy biggest problem is I think it's terrible to hide your anger and aggression behind the Christian Banner.

there is nothing christian about trying to agitate people,

and acting like a victim when law enforcment seeks to PREVENT an incident.

------Not one person is angry. -----------

View PostEnforcing Sharia, were they? The local police are now agents of Islam? .....

PLA40, contact me by PM immediately. I have valuable shares of the Brooklyn Bridge that I'm putting on the market, and you're exactly the right kind of guy to buy them.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Please forward to me the details of that bridge, and I'll send my driver forthwith to pick it up. I will remit a draft to your bank account.