Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Animal

Blue jeans(Levis)rant

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

So my whole adolescent life,I've worn Levis.They were made in America,they fit right,looked good,and lasted.They are now made in Vietnam,Egypt,Lesotho(where the eff is this rathole?Never heard of it),bangladesh,Mexico,and God knows where else.

Obviously Levis cut costs by sending manufacturing to countries with cheap labor.However,the price has gone up,steadily.

Meanwhile,the jeans are garbage,and I'm supporting some ****e y sweatshop,and I'm supporting the loss of American jobs,by buying them.

I get 5-6 washings out of them,and they tear open at the crotch.I'm throwing away a $40 pair of brand new jeans.

EFF Levis!Who's wearing what?What fits like Levis 505's?Is there an affordable American product,that will look good,and be comfortable?

Anyone?mad.gif

View PostSo my whole adolescent life,I've worn Levis.They were made in America,they fit right,looked good,and lasted.They are now made in Vietnam,Egypt,Lesotho(where the eff is this rathole?Never heard of it),bangladesh,Mexico,and God knows where else.

Funny you should mention Lesotho. Did an installation for their embassy? about twenty years ago, the Kingdom of Lesotho. Sounded like a place out of the old mission impossible series. cwm27.gifcwm27.gif Never heard of it before and never forgot it.

View Post

I get 5-6 washings out of them,and they tear open at the crotch.I'm throwing away a $40 pair of brand new jeans.

Anyone?mad.gif

get the stuff that kills those crabs so you won't scratch your boys all day long.

I have LL-Bean jeans dating back to the mid-90's.

Some of them have worn out in spots, but those iron on patches work pretty good.

Check out places like Ocean State Job Lot and Building 19. You can often find "designer" clothes there for a fraction of their retail price.

I have a bunch of Gap jeans that I got at OSJL, for like $8 a piece. They're also a very good quality product. icon14.gif

View PostSo my whole adolescent life,I've worn Levis.They were made in America,they fit right,looked good,and lasted.They are now made in Vietnam,Egypt,Lesotho(where the eff is this rathole?Never heard of it),bangladesh,Mexico,and God knows where else.

Obviously Levis cut costs by sending manufacturing to countries with cheap labor.However,the price has gone up,steadily.

Meanwhile,the jeans are garbage,and I'm supporting some ****e y sweatshop,and I'm supporting the loss of American jobs,by buying them.

EFF Levis!Who's wearing what?What fits like Levis 505's?Is there an affordable American product,that will look good,and be comfortable?

Anyone?mad.gif

These jeans are B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F.

I've been buyin' 'em for years.

They're not available in blue (Levi's style) denim.

DICKIES STAYDARK TWILL JEANS

Style # C798

twill-jeans.gif

Staydark Twill Jeans

$21.99 & Up

• Traditional cut

• Staydark dye technology to keep colors rich

• Durable poly/cotton twill

• Tear resistant

• Low shrinkage

• Chemically softened for a soft hand

• Multi-use side pocket

• Open bottom stock and factory hems

• 10 oz. twill

• 50% Polyester / 50% Cotton

• Waist sizes 30 - 60

• Sizes 44-60 $23

View PostThese jeans are B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F.

I've been buyin' 'em for years.

They're not available in blue (Levi's style) denim.

DICKIES STAYDARK TWILL JEANS

Style # C798

twill-jeans.gif

Staydark Twill Jeans

$21.99 & Up

• Traditional cut

• Staydark dye technology to keep colors rich

• Durable poly/cotton twill

• Tear resistant

• Low shrinkage

• Chemically softened for a soft hand

• Multi-use side pocket

• Open bottom stock and factory hems

• 10 oz. twill

• 50% Polyester / 50% Cotton

• Waist sizes 30 - 60

• Sizes 44-60 $23

Where are they made?

View PostWhere are they made?

Don't know.

I'm still wearing the ones I bought 10 years ago.

Their B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F twill shirts (that I have) are made in Mexico.

View PostDon't know.

I'm still wearing the ones I bought 10 years ago.

Their B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F twill shirts (that I have) are made in Mexico.

Wierd.I would have absolutely no problem buying Meskin products,so as to support manufacturing jobs there to keep a few of them in Mesko.Unfortunately,I hadda replace the same starter in my old Silverado about a dozen times(with Auto zone heche en mesko starters)and we know how my meskin levis turned out.frown.gif

Just checked my Carhart hoodie.Meskin!However,it's 4-5 years old,and going strong,so I guess individual companies quality control has a lot to do with it.

Got a retailer that carries those Dickies?

I'm on my last, new in the bag, pair of USA Carhartts. can't find anything made here. As far as I know no Carhartts are made here anymore. Northern tool supply has some really cheap jeans that claim to be 15 ounce cotton. If I gotta buy my clothes from China, they're going to be cheap.frown.gif

I go through 5 or 6 pair of Carhartt double knees a year. anyone who gets more than 2 years out of a pair of jeans must be living the soft life. biggrin.gif

View PostI'm on my last, new in the bag, pair of USA Carhartts. can't find anything made here. As far as I know no Carhartts are made here anymore. Northern tool supply has some really cheap jeans that claim to be 15 ounce cotton. If I gotta buy my clothes from China, they're going to be cheap.frown.gif

Lets not despair Stew.These Dickies have potential.As I said,my faithful Carhart hoodie is Meskin,and has withstood a lotta jobs,a lotta fish,and a lotta beers.

View PostWierd.I would have absolutely no problem buying Meskin products,so as to support manufacturing jobs there to keep a few of them in Mesko.Unfortunately,I hadda replace the same starter in my old Silverado about a dozen times(with Auto zone heche en mesko starters)and we know how my meskin levis turned out.frown.gif

You can't really judge quality based solely on the country of manufacture...A lot of crap is built right here in the USA. But that doesn't mean that everything built in the USA, must be crap. wink.gif

USA doubleknees needed to be washed 2 or 3 times before the knees would bend. When they moved to China, they came soft and were thinner and cheesier. Ticonderoga pencils made over there can't be sharpened with a utility knife because they don't glue the lead in and it pulls out when the knife hits it. When are we going to learn?