Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liketofish

Emblem Pro Replacement

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Yes Virginia, the emblem pro as we knew and loved it is no longer produced. Met with the Daiwa folks today and saw the improved emblem. Nope. However, the new Opus Bull 6000 - now thats a canal reel. Ordering mine now. It has 54 inch per handle turn line retrieve and 33# drag. Weighs 4 ounces more than emblem. Holds same line. Better handle design and improved gear. Fugly colors though. Price? How does MSRP of $130 sound? I got the dancing baby going on .... Ya Baby!!!!

Oh the name? Yea I take credit...but I don't get credit.

Burkie - I want barbacue chicken pizza!!!!

View PostYes Virginia, the emblem pro as we knew and loved it is no longer produced. Met with the Daiwa folks today and saw the improved emblem. Nope. However, the new Opus Bull 6000 - now thats a canal reel. Ordering mine now. It has 54 inch per handle turn line retrieve and 33# drag. Weighs 4 ounces more than emblem. Holds same line. Better handle design and improved gear. Fugly colors though. Price? How does MSRP of $130 sound? I got the dancing baby going on .... Ya Baby!!!!

Oh the name? Yea I take credit...but I don't get credit.

Burkie - I want barbacue chicken pizza!!!!

Me too!icon14.gif

I was planning on buying another Empro to put on my new Mojo 2-6 (providing I ever find one). But it appears my plans may change slightly.wink.gif

Opus Bull 6000 huh?

Is this what it looks like?

Daiwa_Opus_Bull_6000.jpg

No trip on the reel stem---I hope it has a manual bail. Internal bail trips suck.

It's a Daiwa model, has been out in the UK and Down Under for awhile, from what I could find on a Google search.

All metal body, unlike the EmPro.

If it's 4 oz heavier, it's almost as heavy as a Saltiga.

That was the first thing I noticed too Mike. No rubber trip on the reel stem.cwm15.gif

That's one feature I heart.gif about the Empro. That's a feature I would miss. But, 54 inches of line per turn is a lot of line. Esp where I've been fishing lately. That extra speed would allow by 2-3 more bounces before reeling in.wink.gif

Is it my eyes, or does the spool look different? Deeper?cwm13.gif

View PostThat was the first thing I noticed too Mike. No rubber trip on the reel stem.cwm15.gif

That's one feature I heart.gif about the Empro. That's a feature I would miss. But, 54 inches of line per turn is a lot of line. Esp where I've been fishing lately. That extra speed would allow by 2-3 more bounces before reeling in.wink.gif

Is it my eyes, or does the spool look different? Deeper?cwm13.gif

Your eyes are fine--it has the same ABS spool design as the Saltist and Saltiga.

Texican gets some eye-popping distance out of his Saltist 6500.

Remember the testing we did last winter with the Saltiga and EmPro--there was only a 7-10 yard difference.

View Post

It's a Daiwa model, has been out in the UK and Down Under for awhile, from what I could find on a Google search.

Yep. Thumb Burner had one (4500) for sale in the BST a year and a half ago. No takers at $65.

The Sealine Bull looks a little more interesting to me. Sealed drag and at least an O=ring on the sideplate. Not sure if Daiwa's bringing that one to the US.

The capitalist in me wonders if it makes business sense to buy up a number of new-in-the-box Emblem Pros and sell them after they are discontinued?

Anyone think they will command a premium over the now current retail price?

More like 6 oz more.The reel weights 30 oz. Doesn't look like that good a replacement for a pro. Standard spool design rather than long casting.

View PostThe capitalist in me wonders if it makes business sense to buy up a number of new-in-the-box Emblem Pros and sell them after they are discontinued?

Anyone think they will command a premium over the now current retail price?

What does a new condition 704z get these days? I would think there would be some demand for them.

BobG the Opus Bull you have pictured is an older make. The one we fondled yesterday is new for 2011. Toddman saw it and seemed to like it. The spool is similiar to the 5500 EmPro.

The 5500 Empro weighs just over 26 ounces according to info on box. Opus Bull weighed 30 ounces. Even in Boston Public Schools that is almost a 4 ounce difference.

View PostBobG the Opus Bull you have pictured is an older make. The one we fondled yesterday is new for 2011. Toddman saw it and seemed to like it. The spool is similiar to the 5500 EmPro.

The 5500 Empro weighs just over 26 ounces according to info on box. Opus Bull weighed 30 ounces. Even in Boston Public Schools that is almost a 4 ounce difference.

What didn't you like about the new EmPro?