Torque spinning taken off Penn's site?

Rate this topic

mikeR09

Received an email from Penn last week about this reel. They were supposed to be out May 1 if you remember. Basically they are still tinkering with this reel and was told it would "be out soon". I guess Penn doesn't want to give anymore release dates. I would not be surprised if another year slips by for the bailess version.

Icepants

I have to agree. The Last thing they want or need is to have a failure.

Their whole reputation depends on this reel. If it's good it will go over well,but if it's bad they'll be no 2nd chance.

I wish them well & we need a good water proof reel.

I think they are smart taking there time & working everything out.

Hell we waited this long what's another month or so.

I think everyone of us has owned a Penn at sometime in our life & some still do. Penn is the reels we grew up with

I think it's time to show the industry just what they can do.

The only have this 1 shot to make it or brake it!

View PostAt least they are not making their customers beta test them for three years like you-know-who biggrin.gif

Disagree. ZB were and are amazing reels and the people behind them are honest hardworking and sincere. any product has a few lemons and Wendy at zb took care of that handful of reels that had minor problems.

View PostI have to agree. The Last thing they want or need is to have a failure.

Their whole reputation depends on this reel. If it's good it will go over well,but if it's bad they'll be no 2nd chance.

I wish them well & we need a good water proof reel.

I think they are smart taking there time & working everything out.

Hell we waited this long what's another month or so.

I think everyone of us has owned a Penn at sometime in our life & some still do. Penn is the reels we grew up with

I think it's time to show the industry just what they can do.

The only have this 1 shot to make it or brake it!

penn has the pontenal to make great reels again but we live in a disposobal econmy where qualtiy thinge are significantly higher in price

View PostAt least they are not making their customers beta test them for three years like you-know-who biggrin.gif

20 pager thread coming

Shimano been beta testing for 3 years? headscratch.gif

"If you voted for Obama in '08 to prove you're not a racist,
Then vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

My hunch -- and I need to stress that this is my own guess, and that I have no connection to anyone involved -- is that the tweaking they're giving the Torque is significant enough that the appearance of the reel will change noticeably. If the reel is gonna look different, it makes sense that they'd yank the pictures from their website: they don't want to be showing pictures that don't quite look like the reel they'll be releasing.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.