Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Florence dude

Finished!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

About a week or two ago Skippy sent me 2plug blanks with just a lip [lefty lip!]in the wood. As soon as I got them I went to the store and bought some spray paint and whatever else the guys in the surf chat told me to get that night. I made a yellow mack. The black started to run a bit but I dont think the fish would mind. I forgot to get the eye bolts at Ace so I had to look around the house for ones laying around. They were big, and I think they are a bit over kill, but thats fine. Bigger hardware for bigger fish smile.gif. I just didnt find one small enough to fit the lip though. It is rigged with VMCs and the eye bolts are epoxied in. Pic in the morning as the camera is charging. Thanks everyone for all the help!

BTW: Skippy sent me 2 plugs, the other one isnt even worthy to show water. Its just that ugly. Lets just say Begginer painter, onion bag, no clue how to make scales, and wind = FAIL

DSCN1458.jpg?t=1277386853

View PostAbout a week or two ago Skippy sent me 2plug blanks with just a lip [lefty lip!]in the wood. As soon as I got them I went to the store and bought some spray paint and whatever else the guys in the surf chat told me to get that night. I made a yellow mack. The black started to run a bit but I dont think the fish would mind. I forgot to get the eye bolts at Ace so I had to look around the house for ones laying around. They were big, and I think they are a bit over kill, but thats fine. Bigger hardware for bigger fish smile.gif. I just didnt find one small enough to fit the lip though. It is rigged with VMCs and the eye bolts are epoxied in. Pic in the morning as the camera is charging. Thanks everyone for all the help!

BTW: Skippy sent me 2 plugs, the other one isnt even worthy to show water. Its just that ugly. Lets just say Begginer painter, onion bag, no clue how to make scales, and wind = FAIL

Nice to hear... the second plug, just sand it and paint over it with white or primer... you are good to go for a repaint or just leave it.smile.gif

View PostPic is up, sorry for the way it looks. I hope she swims nice

You might want to down size the hooks.... search for pictures skippy's plugs I dont think they have over sized hooks... it might effect the swim of the plugsmile.gif

View PostYou might want to down size the hooks.... search for pictures skippy's plugs I dont think they have over sized hooks... it might effect the swim of the plugsmile.gif

ok, thanks. Ill go look around for some small ones