Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

687 posts in this topic

View PostThe PVC tube that the Boga Grip is attached to holds my rod when i am handling fish. It leaves me with 2 free hands for unhooking and reviving fish. I used to slide the rod under the surf belt but that rubbed the cork tape off my rod.

The smaller tube attached to it holds my de-hooker.

The open piece holds the rod when I am working top water plugs and fighting a decent size fish. I wore out a couple of tops with the butt rubbing on them. I throw 8 & 9 ft. rods and they would be too short to put the rod butt between the legs to work pencils and spooks.

Works for me.

Very cool.. highfive.gif

Didn't see too many de-hookers in this thread, but I read about it in Z's book and always wondered how many guys actually carry one.

Thanks!

View PostI saw this belt & really liked the design & most of all it doesn't have one of those cheap plastic buckles. The belt it self is a heavy duty dive belt that won't bend like others. If the buckle ever should open up the extra strong & long Velcro will hold it on.

I have heard horror stories where the plastic buckles have snapped & broken & people have lost eveything.

Ron has the buckle had any negative impact on your surf tops. I love the belt but dont want to shred the rubber waist of my aquaskins with the metal buckle.

View PostRon has the buckle had any negative impact on your surf tops. I love the belt but dont want to shred the rubber waist of my aquaskins with the metal buckle.

The metal buckle is a SS dive buckle made for rubber and neoprene wetsuits. Those types of buckles shouldn't shred the rubber on your top.

View PostHere's mine. I need to replace the cheapo lanyards that came with my pliers, but I've got a few old cell phone chargers that I'll use - like the one attached to the lipper.

Hi , nice setup. My question is where did you get the water bottle holder..??. i need one of those smile.gif ..Thanks..

heres mine,a dive belt so its strong,with a D ring for my boga,dive knife,and pliers,just got to add a clip for my porkrind holder,picking it up tomorrow,and the bag is a VS Single Row 525smile.gifsmile.gif

Most likely picking up my belt this week. I think I am going to need a few d-rings. Where's the best place to pick some up? I assume they are the ones that slide right onto the belt and hang down?

Picked up an Uncle Mikes police belt last season .. first trip out last weekend great sturdy belt at half the price of a Aqua hunter .. have to mount my knife to it everything else is packed into a small bronco bag. pliers in side pouch fish grips i clip to the strap now. If it doesn't fit in this bag than i don't need it.