Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

687 posts in this topic

i have one belt i use for surf fishing... its a fighting belt moded to accomidate the longer handle. just riveted a belt to it so it straps tight around the waist but the butt sets about a foot lower than normal so you dont have to stretch as far.

wearing it in this one...

ba1-1.jpg

and heres dad with it while hooked up.

bat-1-4.jpg

I saw this belt & really liked the design & most of all it doesn't have one of those cheap plastic buckles. The belt it self is a heavy duty dive belt that won't bend like others. If the buckle ever should open up the extra strong & long Velcro will hold it on.

I have heard horror stories where the plastic buckles have snapped & broken & people have lost eveything.

View PostI saw this belt & really liked the design & most of all it doesn't have one of those cheap plastic buckles. The belt itselt is heavy duty dive belt that won't bend like others. If the buckle ever should open up the extra strong & long Velcro will hold it on.

I have heard horror stories where the plastic buckles have snapped & broken & people have lost eveything.

I have the same belt. Very well built, not like the cheapies.. I will never have to worry that my buckle will open or break.smile.gif

View PostCare to explain some of those homemade contraptions. They look pretty neat!

The PVC tube that the Boga Grip is attached to holds my rod when i am handling fish. It leaves me with 2 free hands for unhooking and reviving fish. I used to slide the rod under the surf belt but that rubbed the cork tape off my rod.

The smaller tube attached to it holds my de-hooker.

The open piece holds the rod when I am working top water plugs and fighting a decent size fish. I wore out a couple of tops with the butt rubbing on them. I throw 8 & 9 ft. rods and they would be too short to put the rod butt between the legs to work pencils and spooks.

Works for me.

like the ideas alot and will apply...

thanks for sharing

DBS

View PostThe PVC tube that the Boga Grip is attached to holds my rod when i am handling fish. It leaves me with 2 free hands for unhooking and reviving fish. I used to slide the rod under the surf belt but that rubbed the cork tape off my rod.

The smaller tube attached to it holds my de-hooker.

The open piece holds the rod when I am working top water plugs and fighting a decent size fish. I wore out a couple of tops with the butt rubbing on them. I throw 8 & 9 ft. rods and they would be too short to put the rod butt between the legs to work pencils and spooks.

Works for me.