Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

767 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, Turkeybacn said:

Very sweet setup! Must have set you back a decent bit.

Yeah I’ve spent too much. The joys of having no children/wife :point:

I will say though the outside leader pocket is well worth getting on the flatlanderbags, in my opinion. I always hated having to open up my old 2 tube for leaders. 

the camera is also being held in a pork rind holder.. dual purpose lol.

Edited by natejeep

Anyone have a good solution for putting a dive knife on your belt? I've got a Aqualung and a Gerber and both of them sit with the blade at the belt and the handle up above which can get in the way. I'm looking for a something that could bring the handle down lower.

1 min ago, NMurray said:

Anyone have a good solution for putting a dive knife on your belt? I've got a Aqualung and a Gerber and both of them sit with the blade at the belt and the handle up above which can get in the way. I'm looking for a something that could bring the handle down lower.

Got this from Ebb Point, good solution to lower your knife by a few inches.

Screenshot_20220319-212234_Photos.jpg.58a6ffc96eb2ee4a7af96bd50d22f091.jpg

Here's a picture of the back of the sheath, webbing is 2'.

Nice and stiff but barely noticeable on the belt. I usually wear it at my 9 o'clock. Zero compliments.

20220320_010728.jpg

Edited by Sandbar1

Close up of bucktail slots…Big enough to fit 4 oz bullet head bucktails… Extra space makes them easier to grab. They also face out away from the tubes rather than in, like on traditional bags…

That bucktail loops facing that way is interesting. Never seen that before. Is the piece of cloth that the slots are sewn into attached at the bottom? I would think if you could do that it would keep any bucs or tins that fall from going all the way back under the tubes. Because that happens sometimes and it's really tough to get them out without taking all the tubes out. Not sure if this makes sense to you. I may not be explaining it well. Great looking bags.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:27 AM, weatherguy777 said:

Close up of bucktail slots…Big enough to fit 4 oz bullet head bucktails… Extra space makes them easier to grab. They also face out away from the tubes rather than in, like on traditional bags…

That bucktail loops facing that way is interesting. Never seen that before. Is the piece of cloth that the slots are sewn into attached at the bottom? I would think if you could do that it would keep any bucs or tins that fall from going all the way back under the tubes. Because that happens sometimes and it's really tough to get them out without taking all the tubes out. Not sure if this makes sense to you. I may not be explaining it well. Great looking bags.

The inner sailcloth sleeve is grommeted in at the bottom under the tubes, so the answer to your question is essentially yes.  I may have also sewed it in, but I traded the bag away and that was over a year ago.  The outer portion of the bag is flipped up and around the inner portion, so to form four “pockets” on each side.  This prevents any possibility of getting bucktails or tins stuck under your tubes.

Edited by gorkmonster

23 mins ago, gorkmonster said:

The inner sailcloth sleeve is grommeted in at the bottom under the tubes, so the answer to your question is essentially yes.  I may have also sewed it in, but I traded the bag away and that was over a year ago.  The outer portion of the bag is flipped up and around the inner portion, so to form four “pockets” on each side.  This prevents any possibility of getting bucktails or tins stuck under your tubes.

To me as a layperson that is genius and solves the problem I mentioned earlier. I wonder if Jamie from Flatlander or Nick and other bag makers have thought of this or maybe they will take a look at that design. Oh, you might want to get a patent quick! JK