Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

687 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, ThrowinPlugs said:

Who makes that boga holder

Sorry man. Haven't been on in a week. Someone may have already answered but if not it's a Flatlander boga holder. $40 new. Jamie at flatlander usually has them available (unlike the bags that take almost a year to receive). it's nothing special. Does the job. I got it along with a flatlander bag. The bag I got is a 3 tube....I find it a bit too big for my needs. 

Just now, Nomad92 said:

Sorry man. Haven't been on in a week. Someone may have already answered but if not it's a Flatlander boga holder. $40 new. Jamie at flatlander usually has them available (unlike the bags that take almost a year to receive). it's nothing special. Does the job. I got it along with a flatlander bag. The bag I got is a 3 tube....I find it a bit too big for my needs. 

Thus the 2 tube Gear up bag you see on my belt. $350 3 tube flatlander bag collecting dust. I'm going to try it out early next season. If it doesn't work out I'll sell it here on the BST forum. 

1 min ago, instigator said:

Here's my current setup but it's always changing on what I'm fishing for!

20191005_100918.jpg

Nice. Is that a two or three tube?

On 9/30/2019 at 11:44 PM, Blank Disc said:

I will carry one of these when fishing heavy braid on jetties. Small sturdy knife. Don't carry a belt knife on the open beach (usually a small opinel in my pocket if I remember). Only if I could need to cut my way out of something. Better to have it than not. Don't wear a belt when on the beach unless I am wearing waders (colder months). Truck has everything in it. The one think I pretty much have on me regardless of when or how I am fishing is a pair of Manley pliers and a tape measure. Always two flash lights at night. Headlamp w/ red setting and pen light taped to surgical tubing as a necklace. 

Image result for cressi lima

I have this same knife (green too!) Mounted on the strap of my waders.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:31 PM, makomakoman said:

what size belt does that fit and who makes that?

thanks

Fits the standard 2".  Maker unknown.  I belive I found it wandering through a Cabellas.  Just tried to buy another and failed.  Amazon.  Rod holder was too small for salt.  Fortunately I can use it on my freshwater belt.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:46 PM, Shhh....Now said:

I'm slowly setting up my first belt, and while planning this out and looking around, I came to the conclusion that I might have better success if I went shopping for a third arm & hand combo, since I was unable to find either a bag which had a rod holder, or a separate rod holder that could be attached to a belt. 

The closest thing was this (far to small for our applications, but someone was thinking in the right direction)
 s-l1600.jpg

Waist and thigh straps. 

MaxKatt  - How do you like your rod holder? 

Get an aquaskins d ring.  

Designed for the butt of the rod to slide through and hold the rod

thank you..  I am aiming at getting things so a rod can be held in two places, under two different situations. 1.) a quick 3rd hand to help support the rod while tending to the terminal end of the line, whatever that need happens to be at the time, and 2.) holding the rod securely, slung like a rifle behind me, so both my hands are free, when walking jetties.  Maybe this Aquaskin D-ring plays a role .. thanks

I got the bag at a show for 20 bucks.

Use the canvas bag with Tupperware thing for little stuff like paddle tails and 1oz kastmasters.

I change it up with different cheapy bags.

The best part about this is the rock hopper belt.

20191012_110329.jpg

Just now, MaxKatt said:

ebbpoint.  Good, but not sure they’re made anymore.

Oh yea,No there not.I think they were the best bags outside of Flatlander.Ive been looking for a new bag mabye 2-3 tube and a bucktail/tin pouch but I'd like it to be as small a possible.Hopefully I'll be able to see some in person at some of the shows this winter.Thanks!

1 hour ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Oh yea,No there not.I think they were the best bags outside of Flatlander.Ive been looking for a new bag mabye 2-3 tube and a bucktail/tin pouch but I'd like it to be as small a possible.Hopefully I'll be able to see some in person at some of the shows this winter.Thanks!

I'm a Mak / Commando guy, but to fairly comment on all of them, you really need to have used them all.

I am intrigued by the possiblities Flatlander's "buddy lock" system opens up.  That alone puts them in a more interesting better catagory for me.

Only other bags I've personally carryed were when I started: AquaSkinz (Non-Hunter Elite) and Shimano Blue Wave.  Both did the job, but got wet and heavy, and the fabrics (AquaSkinz in particular) snagged hooks real bad.  Thinking back, I wonder if you could spray those bags will FlexSeal to get something more snag proof.

ODM looks good to.  Just was looking at some of those.  Gear-up.  A whole wave of better bags started coming in after Mak opened the gate.