Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

702 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mack26 said:

GearUp 2 Tube and Med Belt Pouch for some plastic and heads. I attach tube to my bag when carrying McKenna rigged sluggos, or rigged eels. 

53A15303-35BB-412A-BA03-9A74439432BA.jpeg

I like that tube attachment mack. What's the tube made of or what type of tube is it?

Edited by Nomad92

19 mins ago, Nomad92 said:

I like that tube attachment mack. What's the tube made of or what type of tube is it?

It’s an old paintball tube. It’s hard plastic and very durable, and can hold 5-6 rigged sluggos, which I love to throw. It’s very light and doesn’t add a lot of weight to your belt. You can get them on Amazon. Just google them.

Edited by Mack26

Just now, Mack26 said:

It’s an old paintball tube. It’s hard plastic and very durable, and can hold 5-6 rigged sluggos, which I love to throw. It’s very light and doesn’t add a lot of weight to your belt.

Awesome man! Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice cheap addition I may add for the same thing you use it for.

Nomad, just so you know if you look at them, there are different capacity sized tubes. The one I use is a little smaller, I believe when I bought it a long time ago, it was a 140 count tube? They make a 150 count, but it is a little longer in length. I like the smaller size, and it fits a 9” sluggo perfectly.

2 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Nomad, just so you know if you look at them, there are different capacity sized tubes. The one I use is a little smaller, I believe when I bought it a long time ago, it was a 140 count tube? They make a 150 count, but it is a little longer in length. I like the smaller size, and it fits a 9” sluggo perfectly.

Good to know. I've got an acquaintance who runs a paint ball shop. He should have at least a couple of these around. 

20 mins ago, Mack26 said:

It’s an old paintball tube. It’s hard plastic and very durable, and can hold 5-6 rigged sluggos, which I love to throw. It’s very light and doesn’t add a lot of weight to your belt. You can get them on Amazon. Just google them.

Comanches recently informed the world of your paintball tube secret. We are a resourceful bunch!

14 mins ago, D1fishr said:

Comanches recently informed the world of your paintball tube secret. We are a resourceful bunch!

Haha, I saw that. Believe me, that idea came about a long time ago. Long before those guys came up with it. It’s a great way to transport those types of lures, which otherwise can be a PIA.

24 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Haha, I saw that. Believe me, that idea came about a long time ago. Long before those guys came up with it. It’s a great way to transport those types of lures, which otherwise can be a PIA.

I’ve even rigged tennis ball cans inside my bag. Endless possibilities...

Question about knives. It seems like almost everyone has a knife on their belts. I’m curious how much they get used. Are they there JIC or what? I have a decent folder that I keep in my bag that I break out every now and then when I take home a cocktail blue but other than that I don’t see much need for a knife. Especially not a fixed blade in a sheath. Please enlighten me. 

11 mins ago, NMurray said:

Question about knives. It seems like almost everyone has a knife on their belts. I’m curious how much they get used. Are they there JIC or what? I have a decent folder that I keep in my bag that I break out every now and then when I take home a cocktail blue but other than that I don’t see much need for a knife. Especially not a fixed blade in a sheath. Please enlighten me. 

JIC here, fixed sheathed stainless Morakniv- sharp, cheap, ya never know. 

Edited by D1fishr

On 9/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, D1fishr said:

On 9/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, Mack26 said:

He gave credit to someone in his video. Cant remember the name. 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Mack26 said:

I like how your PB tube is dangling from a caribeaner. Can you show a pic of the connection or explain it? For the past few seasons Ive just slid a PB 2 tube holster onto my surf belt.

I'll add that I use the tube for annoying plugs that jam up my surf bag like big pencils, big swimmers, long needles, or the plastic rigged baits. I plan to use it for riggies too when i get around to making a few.

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I like how your PB tube is dangling from a caribeaner. Can you show a pic of the connection or explain it? For the past few seasons Ive just slid a PB 2 tube holster onto my surf belt.

I'll add that I use the tube for annoying plugs that jam up my surf bag like big pencils, big swimmers, long needles, or the plastic rigged baits. I plan to use it for riggies too when i get around to making a few.

Nothing fancy DLX, just attaches to a dring on the bottom of my two tube, and kinda just swings around, out of the way. I just never found a way to carry the rigged sluggos in my bag, without them catching on everything. Or, better yet being able to carry enough to get through a tide, as they get beat up after a few fish. I used to carry them in a heavy duty ziplock baggie, but the hooks always ended up poking through. 

I don’t carry the tube all the time, mostly during summer months. It’s a great tool for riggies, especially for keeping the stank out of your bag, and be easily cleaned.

FCFF5AFF-4721-4CB7-A900-4E000EF4E880.jpeg