Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

705 posts in this topic

I make my own.  This one is ok but just a prototype for now.  I'm working on a new belt now with some better features

where are those D-rings from? The one's that are bolted in?

Are they stainless?

Yes they are stainless.  They are just SS pad eyes.   I have a stainless steel supply house I use for my clips, pad eyes etc.  I actually moved to a Diving weight belt attachment for my new belt I"m making now.  Saw that attachment on a friends belt and I liked it much better.  Much more surface area to clip to.  

1000I'll answer the PMs here.

My camera pouch was made by Nick @ Ebbpoint. My belt is a tactical belt made by black hawk. It's super strong and doesn't have a ton of extra material which allows your gear to slide. It has dual lock buckle and its priced around $30

Nice belt lazzyone, is that a duty belt (tactical), with SS buckle?

Yes it is. The ends of the belt are not as thick as the rest of the belt so it is able to pass through the buckle. Best set up ive found so far. I dont wear a shoulder bag, but the two bags on the belt add more weight. All of the other buckles I had eventually opened up on me, including the 3 point locking buckles.

J, it's the Aquaskins small tall bag (purchased here on BST) Rapala pliers with phone charger lanyard, Fishgrip and the actual belt is from LL Bean. I've noticed that if you load the AQ with too many bucktails and tins it can get a little heavy for just a belt, considering adding a shoulder strapLL.gif

Just got my belt put together after switching out to my new bags... Might add my Boga or just a plastic lipper to keep the weight down... I had Nick add some bucktail loops to the pouch.. He does great work , I highly recommend Ebbpoint... Now I just have to get it dirty.... :)

rollcast

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1569793/width/1000/height/1000[/img

A word of advice if you have the Ultimate Surf Belt. Do not close the buckle on the Velcro tongue of the belt. Those are vinyl "hooks" that Velcro brand uses and they will crush flat making the Velco fail early. Always make sure the vinyl Velcro of the tounge clears past the buckle before closing.

Thanks,

Steve

A word of advice if you have the Ultimate Surf Belt. Do not close the buckle on the Velcro tongue of the belt. Those are vinyl "hooks" that Velcro brand uses and they will crush flat making the Velco fail early. Always make sure the vinyl Velcro of the tounge clears past the buckle before closing.

Thanks,

Steve

Good tip... When mine is on the buckle is nowhere near the Velcro. I'm thinking if its sized right it shouldn't be a problem.. I'll just have to make sure when I store it to do the same....

rollcast