Leatherface

Surf Belt Photos!

Rate this topic

687 posts in this topic

OK.. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I would love to see the different variations in belts. I have seen so many belts out there with straps, loops, bags, clips, holsters, pliers, bogas, etc..... Some are plain and some require a set of wheels!! biggrin.gif

Does anyone use suspenders? If you have a photo of your setup, please post away. I am curious..

Thanks..

i use a cheap pair of carhart suspenders on my belt, about 15 bucks. i have too big a gut, and no waist and could never keep my belt up before them. best thing i ever bought for the belt, and i say that in all honesty.

btw, the suspenders have starte to rust a little after about three seasons, but they're cheap enough to replace with no worries.

You first, leatherface. icon14.gif

View PostOK.. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I would love to see the different variations in belts. I have seen so many belts out there with straps, loops, bags, clips, holsters, pliers, bogas, etc..... Some are plain and some require a set of wheels!! biggrin.gif

Does anyone use suspenders? If you have a photo of your setup, please post away. I am curious..

Thanks..

I can get a pic tommorow. I have a AS Elite Double barrel on it, AS Elite wader belt, AS Elite Bucktail pouch, and a pair of Stanley, rusted to hell pliers kooky.gif. And if I take the trecherous walk to the jetty, I clip my korkers to it.

View PostYou first, leatherface. icon14.gif

biggrin.gif

Well I have not used one yet. I guess that's why I want to see what's out there. The few times I have been fishing this year I have just used my Bronco bag with everything on it. All back bay fishing with no waders.

I was hoping to see how everyone sets up their belt to get a few pointers. I was also interested in the different belt styles.

View Posti use a cheap pair of carhart suspenders on my belt, about 15 bucks. i have too big a gut, and no waist and could never keep my belt up before them. best thing i ever bought for the belt, and i say that in all honesty.

btw, the suspenders have starte to rust a little after about three seasons, but they're cheap enough to replace with no worries.

I also use suspenders on my belt, mush easier on your back. heart.gif

JW

I guess I'll go first.
1. Cheap nylon police gunbelt with quick release buckle(5 years old and holding up fine)
2. Police flashlight holder ring
3. Donnmar pliers w/ sheath and lanyard
4. Cheap Boga copy w/ lanyard
5. Hunter Surfcasting carabiner belt attachment to clip bag to the belt.

If I'm in Montauk in a wetsuit I take the boga off. I'd like to go real light sometimes and just use something small like a Aquaskinz Double Barrel but the AS belt loops are way too small for any of the surf belts I have.

I'll get a shot of mine tonight but here's what's on it.

Right side - small AS bag (small plastic plugs and some metal) with pliers in the pouch, and a knife and hook sharpener.

Camera pouch - camera

Back - AS D-ring with clip for water bottle and maybe Boga.

Left Side - AS small pouch, pre-tied leaders, tape, smilen bills, rubber.

- 2 D rings, these are used to hook my plug bag.

Then I carry my plug bag for larger plugs. This has clips on the bottom back of the bag to clip onto the 2 D rings to take the weight off my neck and back.