Followers 0
StriperReleaser

Gregg Allman has Liver Transplant

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hope he has a speedy recovery !

Gregg Allman Undergoes Liver Transplant, Postpones Tour

Gregg Allman, Allman Brothers Band, 3/23/07. Photo by Josh Mintz

Gregg Allman underwent a successful liver transplant operation this morning at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL as part of his continued recovery from Hepatitis C. According to Allman's spokesman, "the singer, keyboardist, songwriter and guitarist had been on a waiting list for the transplant and is looking forward to a speedy recovery."

"I feel pretty good, considering everything that's happened," Allman said in a statement. "Everybody involved here, my doctors and nurses in the hospital and all the Allman Brothers fans, they've just all been great. All I can really say is 'thanks.'"

In late 2007, Allman began a series of treatments for his Hepatitis C, but chronic damage of his liver led to doctors recommending a transplant. "I changed my ways years ago," Allman's statement continues, "but we can't turn back time. Every day is a gift, and I can't wait to get back on the road making music with my friends."

Allman's upcoming shows have been postponed. Though no statement has been made, it is unlikely Allman will perform with the Allman Brothers Band at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival this Saturday.

Are you referring to Cher?

I know that he did a bunch of drugs. Its a tough thing when you are surrounded by enablers. I really miss Jerry, but same thing with him. I just hope Gregg hangs a bit.

View PostAre you referring to Cher?

I know that he did a bunch of drugs. Its a tough thing when you are surrounded by enablers. I really miss Jerry, but same thing with him. I just hope Gregg hangs a bit.

Nope----more like his drug and drinking habits for many years.

Maybe this will be a wake-up call for Dickie. frown.gif

I knew what you meant.

I was embracing the stupid.

Its interesting though how things can careen out of control when no one around you is telling you what you need to hear. David Crosby comes to mind mainly because he is still alive. Lots of others are gone.

I smoked 2 packs at least a day or 34 years. No one told me to stop. I mean not in a way that i was convinced I should.