Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazybellringer

I had a night to remember last night

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

My hockey team is in the playoffs single game elimination. Started the game with an assists on a power play goal. By the end of the first we were up 2-0. In the second they cam back and tied it 2-2 with two minutes left in the second I got tripped on a break away.... Yep in the clear penalty shot. I was crapping my pants as i skated to center ice. I came in did a little stick handling and ripped one five hole. 3-2 to end the second. In the third they tie it up right away, 3-3. I pick a guys pocket feed a guy wide open in the slot 4-3 us. They come down score 4-4. With 5 minutes left in the third they get a power play goal 5-4 bad guys. With 24 seconds left in the game their d man tries to clear the puck goes off one of our guys right to me feed a wide open man goal 5-5. Overtime 4 on 4 first team to score ends it. My first shift in overtime a guy tries to go around me wide along the boards. I drill em thinking it's playoffs in overtime no big deal. The refs give me two minutes. I am sitting in the box praying they don't score. We kill off a 4 on 3 I get out of the box get the puck make a pass a guy shoots it the rebound comes right to me GOAL game winner in over time.

Final score 6-5 I had three assits, penalty shot goal and the game winner in overtime. One of the best games of my career. I know have 3 play-off overtime game winners One in college one in a championship game and last night. I hope i remember last night for as long as i live.

beers.gif

View PostMy hockey team is in the playoffs single game elimination. Started the game with an assists on a power play goal. By the end of the first we were up 2-0. In the second they cam back and tied it 2-2 with two minutes left in the second I got tripped on a break away.... Yep in the clear penalty shot. I was crapping my pants as i skated to center ice. I came in did a little stick handling and ripped one five hole. 3-2 to end the second. In the third they tie it up right away, 3-3. I pick a guys pocket feed a guy wide open in the slot 4-3 us. They come down score 4-4. With 5 minutes left in the third they get a power play goal 5-4 bad guys. With 24 seconds left in the game their d man tries to clear the puck goes off one of our guys right to me feed a wide open man goal 5-5. Overtime 4 on 4 first team to score ends it. My first shift in overtime a guy tries to go around me wide along the boards. I drill em thinking it's playoffs in overtime no big deal. The refs give me two minutes. I am sitting in the box praying they don't score. We kill off a 4 on 3 I get out of the box get the puck make a pass a guy shoots it the rebound comes right to me GOAL game winner in over time.

Final score 6-5 I had three assits, penalty shot goal and the game winner in overtime. One of the best games of my career. I know have 3 play-off overtime game winners One in college one in a championship game and last night. I hope i remember last night for as long as i live.

beers.gif

Atta boy! I knew somebody in here had some talent!clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Lets make him a T shirt that says MVP on the front, and Are Hero on the back, right where the name goesbiggrin.gif

I played hockey most of my life. I was a defenseman. No matter how many plays we broke up, shots we blocked, or penalties we killed, we never got any of the glory. It was always the guy who took a blind whack at a puck. You damned blind puck whackers!!!!!!!

View Postthis would be a better story if some hoity toity rich kid took a puck to the nuts.

Well actually I did cream a snotty little rich kid a 24 year old punk that hacked my goalie twice in the game once for a penalty. Thats how i got the penaltey In over time. I told my teammate i thought it was a borderline call. His response "well the initial bump was not that bad but when you continued to ride him along the boards and ramed his head into the side boards along the bench it became a penalty"

You would like my team hand picked by me. My strategey was who does everyone hate to play against. I picked those guys and the best deffense i could get. We came in fourth in the regular season and now are in the final four. I never realized the value of a team built on Deffense. Just like your football team.

View Post Just like your football team.

we were ***** slapped in the playoff game.

it was ugly.

the other side of the field was freakin' clueless on D.

same system all year,

10 games

solid.

playoffs came and it was like they never played before.

while the team we played against were better athletes, we weren't beat on ability, but on pre snap reads.

UGLY.