Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachbuster

Got a few last night

6 posts in this topic

After dinner last night, I was looking out my window at the light rain falling. I must have been in a trance thinking about bass because my wife said she called me three times before I answered her. She then said, you're going to the lake aren't you. I say yes, she says you're crazy, severe thuder storms are coming. I say, that's exactly why I'm going icon14.gif . I thought the topwater bite would be on and when I got there I did see topwater activity. I fished topwater for about 30 minutes with not so much as a touch. Puzzed I took out a super fluke and landed 2 nice pickerel, no bass. Still puzzled I decided to try a 5" green pumpkin senko. I landed 3 bass in 20 minutes which were all about the same size, about 1 1/2 lbs, nothing big but they hit hard and fought nice. By now the sky opened up and thunder and lighting was putting on a nice show. I figured it was time to high tail it out of there. In the time it took me to get to my car (40 yards maybe) I was completely drenched, not a dry spot on me. I get home and my wife just looks at me and shakes her head shakehead.gif How come they just don't get it confused.gif

I dry off and felt great that I had the brains to go biggrin.gif

"How come they just don't get it?" they never will BB cwm27.gif .. I come looking like a drowned rat, muddy and smelling like a mixture of Mega Strike and bass and they shake their heads wondering what caused me to lose my mind...

How were you fishing the senko? Pickeral are a blast and I miss having them around in the lake I normally fish... I would've been out myself last night but decided that missing the wifes birthday would be a particularly bad movebiggrin.gif

I was fishing the senko texas style. The part of the lake I was targeting is about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep and loaded with weeds. It makes fishing wacky style somewhat of a PIA with the exposed hook point. I think the weeds are growing awfully fast this year, I was shocked at the difference from just a few days ago.

ver similar report from mebiggrin.gif ...saw the sky told the wife i was goin to the lake she gave me the same response as u got BB said im nutz because it was gonna storm and i gave her the same answer "thats y im goin"biggrin.gif ...got there landed 2 bass and 3 crappies... bass took a 7in powerworm in a brownish color and crappies hit a red devil...the 1 bass was real nice size 17.75in had to be 3lbs other was 1lber....im actually fishing in similar conditions shallow water with LOTS O weeds gonna try the senkos i have Texas stlye like u said cause wacky is definitly a PIA....

View Post

gonna try the senkos i have Texas stlye like u said cause wacky is definitly a PIA....

The only problem is they don't last as long, most times I'm only getting 1, 2 tops, per worm. If they tear them up on you, just save them for wacky style.