Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whip

Where are the worms?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen any cinder worms in the salt ponds recently? I've been up there twice in the last two weeks under good tide, moon, and weather conditions and havent seen a single one. Last year I found good action until the first week of July. Did they end early because they started early this year due to an unseasonably warm April?

View PostHas anyone seen any cinder worms in the salt ponds recently? I've been up there twice in the last two weeks under good tide, moon, and weather conditions and havent seen a single one. Last year I found good action until the first week of July. Did they end early because they started early this year due to an unseasonably warm April?

It's over,cwm31.gifand you answered your own question,icon14.gif

Clam worms are a year round bait. They may not be present in the numbers we'd like to see, but they are there. A few seasons ago we ran into an epic swarm of them in a breachway on August 31st. I have seen them in January, October...you get the picture. I'd keep my eyes peeled and have that fly box ready. Even though the bait might not be around, it doesn't mean you can't catch stripers on a clam worm fly. :-)