Daddy (Day) Night: success

Rate this topic

Willie Catchum

So... The weekend was quiet but I was near the highway Sunday for a cookout and, of course, I HAD to go fishing afterwards.

Oh...tide turning and dead low in a couple of hours...hhhmmmm

I set up on the rocks and started jigging, and a short while later I was joined by a gentleman wading in front of me to the right. He was slingin' eels and soon reported that half of one came back...the bluefish are active!

(P.S. if you are here it was great to meet you, sorry I didn't ask a name!)

After a couple of cutoffs, my resolve was 100%, but I left my "bluefish plugs" in the car. So after rigging a wire leader I pulled "Jack" from the tackle box: he is my worst looking lure, an old 6" swim shad with one eye (replacement of the original glued on) and a custom (yup) color job.

Why not? If I catch one, great, I like bluefish. If he gets cut in half, I didn't lose much. Within 5 casts...I was on, and soon found myself sliding down the seaweed covered rocks.

I got her in...and SURPRISE!!!...Happy Daddy with 1/2 hour to spare! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ditch Troll #38

View PostSo... The weekend was quiet but I was near the highway Sunday for a cookout and, of course, I HAD to go fishing afterwards.

Oh...tide turning and dead low in a couple of hours...hhhmmmm

I set up on the rocks and started jigging, and a short while later I was joined by a gentleman wading in front of me to the right. He was slingin' eels and soon reported that half of one came back...the bluefish are active!

(P.S. if you are here it was great to meet you, sorry I didn't ask a name!)

After a couple of cutoffs, my resolve was 100%, but I left my "bluefish plugs" in the car. So after rigging a wire leader I pulled "Jack" from the tackle box: he is my worst looking lure, an old 6" swim shad with one eye (replacement of the original glued on) and a custom (yup) color job.

Why not? If I catch one, great, I like bluefish. If he gets cut in half, I didn't lose much. Within 5 casts...I was on, and soon found myself sliding down the seaweed covered rocks.

I got her in...and SURPRISE!!!...Happy Daddy with 1/2 hour to spare! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

FUNNY THING, HOW THE UGLIEST AND OLDEST LURES SEEM TO CATCH THE FISH.. OLD SCHOOL.. WAY TO GO..