Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThatSlyBasstard

Fishing in an after the Rain

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Was at a Jetty and its started to pour last week. There where two benefits, it cleared the jetty of the crowd and second a nice bite came in with the shift of weather.

gets rid of the crownd and it definatly doesnt get worse i only ever have thought of it improving but thats just me,i am heading out in a couple of hrs and storm about to start i will let ye know if i get skunked or do wellsmile.gif

Get a nice rain suit and stay out there, and just smile as all the sheep run

awaytongue.gif

No really its a good time to be on the water when its raining, for some reason

it peaceful time for me.

and trust me on having a nice rain suit, because if you are getting soak then

its @#@ after awhile..biggrin.gif

I agree with everything said, but also believe the lack of sunshine and moon shine are one of the reasons for the better action. When tourists ask about this, I always ask them back, "why, do you think the fish get wetter when it rains?"

i say the best fishing is when it rains caught most of my stripers when it rains and after like everyone was saying it keeps the crowd at home and it just you and the other crazy fishermans there. so go out there and fish and find out but watch out for the lighting.

View PostI get family members and friends who ask if fish bite in the rain, I tell them "the fish are already wet".

That's a good one. Did you make that one up yourself?

Fished today in the rain. I was wet and caught a few wet fish. Lightning was to the east and north so I ignored it. Lightning then came from the west and I paused, thought, and fished some more. I then heard thunder and saw lightning so I got off the rocks. I think I did the right thing. bucktooth.gif

I noticed the fishing was poor after the rain. Most likely because it was light outside. Further research is needed.