Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishstriper

Utah Man Executed by Firing Squad‎

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

View PostI wonder if its cheaper vs the cocktail headscratch.gif

They should still be able to hang offenders IMO , rope is reusable wink.gif

I hear it's more expensive either way. It's suppose to be cheaper to keep them alive?kooky.gif

View PostVeldean...??? Wow...bucktooth.gif

anyways...a bit dizzpoint...wanted to see the real deal beers.gif

You and me bothbeers.gif

I strongly believe that some people are simply wired wrong.

NO amount of rehabilitation will ever stand a chance at pointing them in the right direction,

and making sure they stay that way.

With that said, I ALSO strongly believe that when we come across someone like this subhuman, we need to remove them from society.

To ME, THAT is what the death penalty is really for.

Just for getting rid of them.

Choose your method - firing squad, hanging, lethal injection, electrocution - to me, it makes no difference as long as it works.

As far as a "deterrent"? Here's what I think about that:

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View PostI strongly believe that some people are simply wired wrong.

NO amount of rehabilitation will ever stand a chance at pointing them in the right direction,

and making sure they stay that way.

With that said, I ALSO strongly believe that when we come across someone like this subhuman, we need to remove them from society.

To ME, THAT is what the death penalty is really for.

Just for getting rid of them.

Choose your method - firing squad, hanging, lethal injection, electrocution - to me, it makes no difference as long as it works.

As far as a "deterrent"? Here's what I think about that:

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

The death penalty does not deter capital offenders because they thrive on capital murder. Their interior life is shaped by the plotting and execution of their murder plan.Their life is ruled by their appetite for capital murder, a life which revolves around the fantastical premeditation, and finally, actualization of their murder strategy.

These deviants cannot be deterred by the death penalty even if they think about it beforehand and are conscious of it as they commit capital murder.

Remember the BTK killer?

J.W. Gacy?

Ted Bundy?

Think of all the premeditation and long deliberation that led to them committing their heinous murders. Each had ample opportunity and lots of time to cease plotting if they wanted to.

gacy_home2.jpg

Gacy

More spontaneous capital murderers like Karla Faye Tucker are not deterred by the death penalty because in a fit they lose control of themselves when enraged; their personality structure is simply not amenable to the concept of deterrence.

karla.jpg

Tucker

Death penalty opponents frequently cite data which proves the death penalty is not a deterrent. (This is true.)This distractive, favorite red herring of theirs, shifts the focus (inappropriately) from penalty or punishment to something else.

Deterrence is desirable but even if achievable a secondary objective, because first and foremost, as the words suggest, the death penalty is not about deterrence, but instead, penalizing the capital murderer.

death penalty is not a deterrence but it sure cuts down on repeat offenders......wink.gif

only reason its so expensive is because of our effed up legal system. it could be a whole lot cheaper.

Execution is an easy way out for these animals. I believe they should be in solitary confinement 24/7 with no human contact for the remainder of their life. No human mind can survive it; even the most cold-blooded killer will go mad after awhile and beg to be executed.

View Postwho cares whos for it...

the real question is...

how do you get on the squad?

One guy's clip is loaded with blanks ,so as to not suffer mental repercussions of killing someone point blank without self reason .

Their was always the chance you didn't shoot him , seems to help the mind past the guilt of killing .

( You never know who )

Another reason it's not a deterrent is because although the story line behind these executions are broadcast in the news, the actual act is carried out discretely behind closed doors. In countries where these punitive actions are carried out in public and people are able to view the net results of 'dead' by a variety of methods, people seem less interested in committing crimes that would result in this happening to themwink.gifclapping.gif