Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silverado

Napa Tackle Shop???

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I will be in Napa July 16 to pick up a new puppy (Anatolian Shepherd).

Any tackle shops in or near Napa to visit?

Might spend one night in the Sacramento area on the way down, depends on the driving schedule. Going down I-5, leave I-5 at Fairfield and across 12 to Napa, then 29 up to St. Helena for a night, then back the same route and on to Washington.

If anyone near Napa has a surf rod for sale that will handle 4 oz plugs, or a 8 and bait conventional, let me know.

There's Sweeny's on Imola St.

For surf rods you might find better selections further away like Guns Fishing in Vacaville and Benicia Bait Tackle in Benicia.

If you take a freshwater fishing rod you might take a left turn on the Silverado Trail ("Highway 129") from St Helena then take a quick right on Howell drive there you will drive about 7 miles back to the lake. If you fish for largemouth, White And Black Crappie, Bluegill, Catfish...etc you might be surprised icon14.gif . With a user name like yours, I know you want to travel on this highway. If you take it far enough you will end up at Lake Berryessa.

Will not be fishing, just traveling to pick up the pup. Lived in Fairfield 1970 to 1975, boat fished the bays and rivers for Stripers. Lots of memories! Live Bullheads and pile worms.

Anyway, thanks guys, I will take a look at the mentioned shops.

Anyone recall Ewolds in Sacramento? Likely out of business today.