Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xlarge

Question on braid line

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have tsunami 10' trophy surf spinning rod and shimano baitrunner 6500B, I fill the reel with pp 60lbs, go out fishing use both lures and bait for only one time, the next day I check the tip top ring, it looks like the line cut the top ring (not very deep,I already replace with a new tip), I believe the top ring is Titanium Carbine .So when you go out and buy a new reel and rod, how do you know if they are made for braid line because the guy at the local tackle shop told me that you could use braid line on any rod and reel

When buying a new rod you should look for a rod with quality components such as Fuji, even there entry guide the hardloy's are braid friendly. Many rods come standard with hardloy or alconite guides, long story short you get what you pay for. Read the tags on the rods make sure its one of the guides I previously listed, good luck.

on a tsunami rod it shouldnt have happenheadscratch.gif hell even a uglystik guides will

last years with braid line.

Something has to be wrong with the guide or it had a hair line crack in it already....