Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sbpirish

Avet JX MC testing

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Finally got around to testing out my new Avet JX MC. I absolutely love it, in a few days testing out in an open field I am up to about 80 yds throwing 2 oz. The only problem is today my wrist and base of my thumb on my left hand is really painful. It is a right hand reel so I am using my left thumb to lay the line on the reel. Wondering if I am holding it wrong or is this typical until you get used to it. I am holding the rod right in front of the reel with the four fingers on my left handing and thumbing the line back on the reel. Is this the correct grip/method? Is there another way I should be holding it to prevent my wrist and thumb from hurting after casting and reeling in line? Thanks guys

Are you able to cast that 2oz 80 yards with out your thumb on the spool at all!? I've been interested in these reels with the MC for a while now so I'm kind of curious.

I hold my thumb just above the spool and then stop the spool just before the sinker hits the ground. No birds nest at all. I apply no pressure with my thumb at all until the very end. This is my first conventional reel so I have nothing to judge it against but it is ridiculously easy to cast.