Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taylorgilbert

sw license

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

my old man is coming down to fish in a few days an was asking about the new salt water license. he bought his super sportsman before the saltwater reg was issued? is he grandfathered in for the season or not cause the super sportsman is supposed to be for every type hunting/fishing.

i know its ten dollars which is why i bought mine but hes old and difficult kooky.gif an may complain based on principal

He needs the saltwater licence.

The state is hustling all of us who bought the sportmans licence, when it said hunting and fishing NYS. Last I checked the saltwater where I fish is in NYS. They never had a fresh water licence the license was a "fishing license" to fish were a license was required (fresh water).

I have the supersportman and also bought the livetime saltwater licence.

i didnt buy the super sportsman this year as i knew i wouldnt be turkey hunting or even doing as much deer hunting as i usually do so i had to buy my fishing licenses separate so it never was an issue for me but if i had spent the money on the super sportsman id be real pissed if i had to buy a sw license even if it is only 10$. I know that nys didnt want to make a sw license req. but youd think they wouldve at least made an exception for the people with sportsman licenses. i wonder if sw will be added to the super sportsman next year ?? or if it will get jacked up another ten dollarsmad.gif

Heres what you do. When he gets here stop for bait before you go fishing & have him go into the bait store with you & hen buy him a SW License it's only $10.00. Just make sure they sell licenses before you go to the B&T Store.

haha i planned on that ! hes set in his ways and feels like hes donated enough to the cause, i was really curious about if the super sportsman licenses were grandfathered in not worried about the 10 bucks

$10 is nothing...

I am heading to Florida for two weeks.

out of state, yearly Saltwater license (The cheapest route for me), $50

not to steal your thread but i heard if you get food stamps in florida you dont need a salt water lisence and a snook stamp to keep snook durring snook season. can any one tell me if this is true.