Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Gasland

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Anyone see this documentary last night on HBO? Very good and I seriously doubt you could question the director's motives considering they were offering him a lease on his land for the mineral rights.

View PostAnyone see this documentary last night on HBO? Very good and I seriously doubt you could question the director's motives considering they were offering him a lease on his land for the mineral rights.

yeah watched part of it. Did you see the sediment in the water jug?

That is probably one of the most things I cherish is our fresh water supply up here..

A lot of places up there are hunting clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the money leaving the year-round residents screwed.

View PostA lot of places up there are hunting clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the money leaving the year-round residents screwed.

Depending when it was filmed,they said they aren't drilling there yet.If I was a Pennsyltuckian,I'd think about fighting it.

View PostA lot of places up there are hunting clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the money leaving the year-round residents screwed.

Actually, they are mostly 501c(7) organizations and get taxed much higher once the lease payment exceeds the dues. Which happens quite quickly on 200-300 acre parcels with $2,500+/acre leases. Then the shareholders get hit with estate taxes since the club ownership is life long. It's much better to split the sub-surface rights out into a separate deed prior to the lease signing.

Once the severance tax is approved you'll see the big money flow into the area because the state will protect that tax base.

I can not tell you any more unless you swallow the yellow pill.