Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minivin5

plug ID and paint scheme info....

20 posts in this topic

Who made this plug?? It is 6" long and 4oz.... the other I think is a CCBC husky pikie, but the color has me stumped.... I think it is silver flash, but it has these dark green flakes with the silver sparkles. Also did this plug come with brass wire or did someone fiddle with it??smile.gif

View PostThe paint scheme on the creek Chub is Silver Flash

Was is common for the dark bigger chunk sparkle?? I can not find picture of any other like this.... was this added on?? What about the brass wire job it that original??

Thanks

View PostFirst one is a Conn Yankee (Walter Krystock).

Neat.... what is the value on this plug.... Was thinking about fishing this plug but if it is worth something then it will go on the wall.

View PostWas is common for the dark bigger chunk sparkle?? I can not find picture of any other like this.... was this added on?? What about the brass wire job it that original??

Thanks

I'm not sure about the sparkle. There are some CCBCO gurus that may chime in on that.

The brass wire is origional, I believe.

View PostNeat.... what is the value on this plug.... Was thinking about fishing this plug but if it is worth something then it will go on the wall.

The Krystock definetly has some value. I'd say around $100 ??? if you had the box.

If it was me, I would hang it. He was a great plug builder, and way ahead of his time with the paint schemes, etc.

View PostThe Krystock definetly has some value. I'd say around $100 ??? if you had the box.

If it was me, I would hang it. He was a great plug builder, and way ahead of his time with the paint schemes, etc.

Thanks for the info on the plug....

The Conn. Yankee is worth about $70 give or take.

The CCBC is 100% correct - it is late 1970s production and the brass and glitter are correct

View PostThe Conn. Yankee is worth about $70 give or take.

The CCBC is 100% correct - it is late 1970s production and the brass and glitter are correct

Is there anyway to clean that Conn Yankee up.... or should I leave it alone??

The Conn Yankee is from the 1950's. Its a very nice example. Doesn't look like its been swam. Here is a pic of a few other examples. The gold tail was made for a friend who went to Florida in the winter and fished for Tarpon. The polka-dot was painted by his GrandDaughter. He had great colors for the 50's. BJ