Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Albie/Bonito 2010

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I'm grateful for Silver and Black but I need a change in color. smile.gif

Before we know it the first report will come from The Hooter. I hope it's early this year.

I'm catching me one this year! Albie, bone, I don't care. Hopefully spending a lot of time in August on the South side with the family on the beach. It'd be great to get the Trollette one of them too!

I'll be down off the SE coast of FL in about three weeks - hopefully I'll have a chance to get an early albie or two as I did last year. In fact, despite catching only 'typical New England' sized albies while down there, I saw some real pigs that could suck down one of our 8 lb albieshighfive.gif They had to have been close to 20lbs or more

The water temps are warmer than usual, so I'm hoping we'll see an early (and large) run of Albies this year.

Last year was one of my best years ever for catching Albies from the beach....but I couldn't catch a bone to save my life. In fact I haven't landed one in over 3 years!!!!

Its been 2+ years since I have caught a bonito but the last few years have been albie heaven for me, in Mass. I'm hoping to be on MV this August for some bonito action, they are awesome and delicious!!!! drool.gif I'm thinking Harkers Island in the fall for the pig Albies on fly is in store for this year toohighfive.gif

We get some large albies inshore from time to time. Especially in 07. Grant it, 15lbs don't turn heads @ Harkers but it's a nice treat up here. I'll take 6-9lbers all day. On 1/4-3/4oz fast action rod and 4000 reel they are all big. biggrin.gif

I'm hungry. Got Fish Taco's?

View Postim guessing fishing them from the surf can be a bit frustrating ? im just glad there not here yet personally one less fish for me to be pissed off about not catching

That's the spirit. biggrin.gif

I've heard of guys cathing them at the canal in july during the days? Any truth to this, because to be honest i would love to try and get a bonito/albie before the summer is over down at the canal, thanks for any info.

one of my season long goals is to catch a bonito this year... I caught a bunch of albies last year and it was a blast, but i really want to eat a bonito!

View PostI've heard of guys cathing them at the canal in july during the days? Any truth to this, because to be honest i would love to try and get a bonito/albie before the summer is over down at the canal, thanks for any info.

There are usually more albies than bonito in the canal (I have seen a couple of bones caught - but very infrequently compared to albies). Also, I have better luck with canal albies in Sept (never caught one in July - at least in this statewink.gif )