Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zipdaman12

anyone fish mountain lake? upstate NY near Gloversville?

3 posts in this topic

anyone fish mountain lake? upstate NY near Gloversville?

I am normally a surf guy, but my family is going upstate for a family reunion. Just trying to see what type of rods, reels, tackle, bait, etc... I may need.

Thanks in advance,

Zip

Gloversville isnt upstate biggrin.gif

JK, it depends on where your from i guess, im and hour and a half north of there.

Ive never fished it or even heard of it. Check with the DEC website, they might stock that lake.

Very funny comment about where is considered "up" as far as the state is concerned. Guess all things are relative...My Mother grew up in Amsterdam. Spent my summers there. This seemed like a 10 hour trip to me as a kid. Only about a 4 hour drive in reality smile.gif

I will be spending my time between Mountain lake as I described... (small lake near Gloversville) I will check the DEC site, and the Great Sacandaga lake. My uncle has a house on the great sacandaga lives there all year round. He lives in a town called Edinburgh. If you have ever fished the great sacandaga and have some info for me, such as best times of day, better side to fish, spot, bait, etc... I am all ears smile.gif

Thanks,

Jack