Looks like Gen. McCrystal is going bye, bye.

Rate this topic

Knight771

View Postwe don't dictate the war strategy

the inner circle does

as a general in his position - he would have access to all decision makers

as resignation would not be missed by the NSC nor the armed forces committees

Agreed, but it would have been lost to the public.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

View PostYou think he might have resigned for personal reasons and then gone to fox with the real reasons of his resignation? Certainly would have had a larger inpact.

Now that he is newsworthy it is guaranteed Fox will air.

Let see who else picks this up, I got my precis from BBC news, hardly a right leaning news outlet.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

View PostIf the only media that would listen to him now is Rolling Stone, who do you think would have given him the time of day had he resigned first - thank you, you made my point.

lol do you think he took the interview out of ego then shot his mouth off?

or do you think the major news outlets would have not followed up with a lead about a top general ready to go public with critism of the CINC's wartime startedgy and leadership.

Think about it, they would have paid him millions and put it on prime time and front page.

And his reisgnation would still have made front page with the usual speculation - check out the coverage of Rahm.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

The general is clearly a smart man who weighed all his options before jumping off the cliff - it may not be clear to us at this time, but I'm sure he has a plan, unlike the POTUS.

View PostThe general is clearly a smart man who weighed all his options before jumping off the cliff - it may not be clear to us at this time, but I'm sure he has a plan, unlike the POTUS.

He did jump off the cliff, i just hope he has a parachute to soften his landing.

View PostThe general is clearly a smart man who weighed all his options before jumping off the cliff - it may not be clear to us at this time, but I'm sure he has a plan, unlike the POTUS.

ok like a general has never gotten himself in the dog house for letting his ego get in the way and shooting his mouth off to the press.

View Postnothing was lost on the public with Rummy's handling of the war. No generals had to go to rolling stone.

You think so? Maybe not to this crowd, but go ask the average Joe on the street who Rummy is - I'll bet you 9 out of 10 don't know who or what he did, although they'll say that the name sounds familiar and guess that he was an athlete or some other ridiculous answer.

View Postok like a general has never gotten himself in the dog house for letting his ego get in the way and shooting his mouth off to the press.

Sure they've made off the cuff comments that they've regretted, so has Obama. But who sits down with the media and commits professional suicide without having weighed his options.

View PostYou think so? Maybe not to this crowd, but go ask the average Joe on the street who Rummy is - I'll bet you 9 out of 10 don't know who or what he did, although they'll say that the name sounds familiar and guess that he was an athlete or some other ridiculous answer.

let's line them up with a fill in the blank

rummy was _______________________

mccrystal was _____________________

and I'll spot you the 8 years since rummy has been in the news.

View PostSure they've made off the cuff comments that they've regretted, so has Obama. But who sits down with the media and commits professional suicide without having weighed his options.

patton and macarther come to mind, and I am sure there are many others

View PostSure they've made off the cuff comments that they've regretted, so has Obama. But who sits down with the media and commits professional suicide without having weighed his options.

View Postpatton and macarther come to mind, and I am sure there are many others

Do you want to rethink this response before I comment?

Were Pattaon's and McCarther's statements to the press in an interview or off the cuff comments made to the press in the field?

This guy claimed to be an Obumma advocate at election time --- indicating that he was totally buffaloed or not real smart. More than the shame of disgracing the CIC is the shame for our country that anyone in the general's position could have so little respect for the Bumma.

Speaking with a friend of mine who served with him, a retired general, he was shocked --- not that Obumma is generally regarded as a buffoon by our military leaders, but that anyone of high rank would be so loose lipped in public let alone in an interview.

This incident is just another layer of icing on the creampuff of weakness that is our POTUS. God help us stave off our enemies with this guy in office. It IS time to get the hell out of all current conflicts. No use in risking and losing more young American lives when their leaders can't respect our leader.

Biggestsquid
"You fish and then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway. Your choice."

View PostDo you want to rethink this response before I comment?

Were Pattaon's and McCarther's statements to the press in an interview or off the cuff comments made to the press in the field?

did you read the article, it is loaded with off the cuff remarks by the general, it is not like they sat down in a room. The reporter is following him around, a lot of the quotes are exchanges between him and his aides. Much like what happened to Patton and MacArthur situations.

and by the way Obama's PLAN was to bring in him to run his COIN strategy that appeared to work in Iraq to afghanistan, in spite of many critcis that said it could not be done.