Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight771

Looks like Gen. McCrystal is going bye, bye.

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

Drudge is reporting that McCrystal is being summoned to the White House after dis'ing the Obama Administration in the Rolling Stone. It is reported that he will be relieved of command and forced to retire.

I don't like Obama but the Gen. should keep his mouth shut. If you don't like the clown and his under clowns in the WH, do the honorable thing. Tell your superiors what you think is wrong...and resign.

Don't know what or how or all that he said but going public while still in charge is the wrong way to handle it, no matter how frustrated you may be. Just my two cents.

Resigning on the SOBs would have said it all.

agreed,

I thought the way Bush and Rummy mismanaged the war was shameful,

but Generals can not and should not run to a magazine to air their gripes.

I bring up the Bush era ONLY because I think it's more significant to take this stand when it's the opposition in charge then when it's "your guy"

a partisan might waiver depending on who is in office.

Mac said he voted for Obama, so Barry is his guy.

I agree that going public is the wrong way, as it gives our enemy the impression that all are not on the same page, even if we are not.

Why don't we find out exactly what he said before we remove the stars from his shoulders. Remember that Obama is the most thin skinned president ever and can not handle any critisism.

View PostWhy don't we find out exactly what he said before we remove the stars from his shoulders. Remember that Obama is the most thin skinned president ever and can not handle any critisism.

GT,

Point is, why even give an interview to the ROLLING STONE fer Ch----'s sakes. And you don't complain about your superiors personally in public.

I can imagine that the Gen. feels he is getting little support from this crew and that these folks are still trying to kiss and make up with the Islamists. But he took the job with this CIC so you do your best and, if you think your uppers are doing a bad job and stopping you from doing your job correctly, you get the hell out. That would be the most devastating criticism of all.

We're dealing with American soldier's lives here, not politics, not power.

View PostWho in the heck are we gonna talk into taking this gig now?

What I like about our Military Leaders, is that the don't shy away from leadership just because the task is difficult.

Keeping one's mouth shut only keeps the problem, a problem. Obama is a poor leader. While he has the power to remove the general, it doesn't mean he should.

As far as dis'n him when it could be made news...probably shouldn't have. Maybe he wanted out because he saw obama for what he is.

View PostKeeping one's mouth shut only keeps the problem, a problem. Obama is a poor leader. While he has the power to remove the general, it doesn't mean he should.

As far as dis'n him when it could be made news...probably shouldn't have. Maybe he wanted out because he saw obama for what he is.

see Knights comment about resigning would have been the effective means for saying that. I am sure he has enough channels to speak internally - this is crap that has no use being broadcast in Rolling Stone.

The general should know this, and airing the dirty laundry during wartime to RS shows very poor judgement.

View Postsee Knights comment about resigning would have been the effective means for saying that. I am sure he has enough channels to speak internally - this is crap that has no use being broadcast in Rolling Stone.

The general should know this, and airing the dirty laundry during wartime to RS shows very poor judgement.

Hmm, went right passed it....good post icon14.gif

^^^ BTW, I am reminded what the former N Vietnam leaders later said about Cronkite's infamous broadcast during Tet saying the war was not winnable - they had only planned to disrupt things and didn't think they would achieve any major success (in fact every village and town was retaken within a month of Tet) but they viewed Cronkite's declaring as "a pleasant surprise"

Cronkite was just a journalist.

The title of the Rolling Stone article says it all, "The Runaway General".

Apparently the article details acerbic comments about Ambassador to Afghanistan Eikenberry, as well as Biden, and unflattering references to Obama's WH meeting with McChrystal.

McChrystal also has unflattering comments about WH staffers and Holbrooke the special envoy.

For McChrystal to have opened up like this clearly points to the level of incompetence of the WH and its staffers, and the disillusionment by ranking military command.

My sense is that we'll see more like these disclosures in the coming months as the WH accelerates it's self destruction.

It's a pity we can't dump the dud, but come November we can defang and declaw it.